Winner: Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point Media Encryption
The tool differs from competitors in scalability, deployment and manageability. Media Encryption and Port Protection can scale easily to any size organization, whether it's 100 seats or over 10,000, with fewer hardware requirements than many of its competitors. Additionally, Media Encryption and Port Protection can be managed centrally from a single console, reducing overhead costs. Media Encryption and Port Protection also integrates with other security vendors' architectures, including NAC environments.
Copying data to mobile devices is not the problem – losing them is. Because they are much smaller than laptops or PDAs, they are easier to lose in hotels, taxis, airplanes, restaurants and other locations frequented by business travelers. In 2006, for example, a former contractor at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, pled guilty to copying confidential documents onto a USB thumb drive and taking it home. As mobile users rely on these tools more frequently, these problems will only increase. By combining strong encryption with access control, Media Encryption and Port Protection offers businesses the highest level of data security.
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point Media Encryption and Port Protection
- CREDANT Technologies for CREDANT Mobile Guardian
- GuardianEdge for GuardianEdge Data Protection Platform
- IronKey for IronKey Enterprise with Silver Bullet Service
- PGP Corporation for PGP Whole Disk Encryption 9.9
- Utimaco Safeware for SafeGuard Enterprise 5.3