Overall Category Winner and Winner for Best Wireless Security: AirMagnet Enterprise 6.0
AirMagnet Enterprise creates an airtight seal over wireless networks, quickly identifying and neutralizing any threats that arise. This is done through the marriage of continuous threat detection with a suite of active defenses that responds to any event automatically.
AirMagnet Enterprise is an enterprise-wide wireless intrusion detection/prevention solution that identifies more than 130 security and performance threats, detects wireless attacks, pinpoints security vulnerabilities, and enforces security policies.
AirMagnet Enterprises ensures network reliability while ensuring the integrity of sensitive information.
• AirMagnet, Inc. for AirMagnet Enterprise 6.0
• Cranite Systems, Inc for WirelessWall from Cranite Systems, Inc
• Fortress Technologies for Fortress Security System
• AirDefense Inc for AirDefense Enterprise
Winner for Best Enterprise Firewall: Check Point VPN-1/Firewall-1 NGX from Check Point Software Technologies
VPN-1/Firewall-1 NGX offers an integrated combination of firewall, VPN and intrusion prevention. It provides unified security management, expanded network and application level protection and advanced VPN capabilities, including dynamic routing.
VPN-1/Firewall-1 NGX integrates management into its core architecture and enables enterprises to reduce the cost and complexity of security to ensure corporate systems can adapt to new and evolving threats.
• Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point VPN-1/Firewall-1 NGX
• CyberGuard Corporation for CyberGuard TSP Firewall/VPN Appliance
• Secure Computing for Sidewinder G2 Security Appliance
Winner for Best Intrusion Detection: StealthWatch from Lancope
Providing the deepest network visibility, award-winning StealthWatch is the enterprise Network Anomaly Detection System that monitors internal network usage and quickly responds to network and host misuse and abuse.
Leveraging existing network infrastructures, StealthWatch cost-effectively protects internal networks by: instantly detecting network misuse, abuse, new worms/viruses; automatically stopping malicious activity or initiating remediation workflow to dramatically reduce incident resolution time; continuously monitoring internal network usage for policy/regulatory compliance.
• CounterSnipe Technologies for CounterSnipe APD4000 with SAK
• Enterasys Networks for Enterasys Networks Dragon Intrusion Defense v.7.1
• Lancope, Inc. for StealthWatch
Winner for Best Intrusion Prevention: SecureWorks Intrusion Prevention Service
SecureWorks, a managed security service provider, prevents network intrusions at the perimeter, firewall and host levels; monitors client networks 24/7; provides ongoing vulnerability assessments; and protects email from spam and viruses, while automatically encrypting it.
SecureWorks stops, rather than simply detects, intrusions before they penetrate the network, and provides best-of-breed client-reporting, giving documented proof of due diligence with regulatory safeguards.
• Internet Security Systems for Internet Security Systems' Proventia Intrusion Prevention Appliance
• Reflex Security for Reflex IPS
• SecureWorks for SecureWorks Intrusion Prevention Service
• Sourcefire for The Sourcefire 3D System
• StillSecure for StillSecure Strata Guard
• TippingPoint, a division of 3Com Corporation, for TippingPoint Intrusion Prevention System
Winner for Best Desktop Firewall: SecurWall from SecurStar GmbH
SecurWall provides the highest security using a simple and friendly interface, protecting your machine from outer attacks and malicious programs.
SecurWall is a personal firewall designed to protect computers against malicious attacks, port scanning, viruses and other software entities, making your PC invisible on the internet. SecurWall also incorporates a secure SSH tunneling anonymizing facility.
• Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point Integrity SecureClient
• Internet Security Systems for Internet Security Systems' Proventia Desktop
• SecurStar GmbH for SecurWall