Best Practices in Database Security – The Key Components of an End-to-end Security Framework
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT
The concept of security in layers takes the view that no single component can ensure the level of protection necessary to safeguard sensitive data. Instead, by leveraging the various technologies and approaches available today, organizations can implement security policies that meet regulatory requirements, and provide cost-effective controls to minimize data breaches.
Join our featured guest, Forrester Research Database Security Analyst Noel Yuhanna, as he presents strategies and recent survey data that can help you formulate the optimal approach for your enterprise.
With breaches becoming more and more sophisticated, and the emergence of virtualization and cloud computing architectures, a broad range of tools is needed to both ensure compliance, and to best protect business-critical data assets. In this webinar Yuhanna will share his views on the most important elements of an end-to-end database security strategy, including:
- Understanding the business drivers for database security
- Technology trends and emerging threat vectors
- Privileged users and the insider threat
- Securing data in virtual environments and the cloud
- The 3 Pillars of Enterprise Database Security
- The foundation of AAA, discovery, and patch management
- Preventive measures of encryption, masking, and change management
- Intrusion detection with auditing, monitoring, and vulnerability assessment
Noel Yuhanna, analyst, Forrester Research
Andy Feit, VP of marketing, Sentrigo