Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) Appliance
Security information and event management tools (SIEMs) are used to collect, aggregate and correlate log data for unified analysis and reporting. Typically, these tools can take logs from a large number of sources, normalize them and build a database that allows detailed reporting and analysis. While forensic analysis of network events may be a feature of a SIEM, it is not the only feature, nor is it the primary focus of the tool.
- HP for ArcSight Express
- IBM Corporation for IBM Hosted Security Event and Log Management
- RSA Security, Inc. for RSA enVision Platform
- SolarWinds for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec Security Information Manager
Best UTM Security
Solutions should take an “in-depth” defense approach. Entrants should have an integrated, multifunction endpoint/UTM offering – not a single-function product. These products typically aggregate a wide variety of threat data into a single unified tool. Many organizations define those threat categories as anti-virus, content management, IDS/IPS and spam filtering. The minimum functionality, according to IDC, is IDS/IPS, anti-virus and firewall/VPN. Entrants should meet this IDC-minimum functionality, although they may include anti-malware gateway, anti-spam gateway, anti-phishing gateway and more. Products function at the endpoint or the gateway, or are hybrid gateway/endpoint solutions.
- Check Point Software Technologies for UTM-1
- Fortinet Inc for FortiGate-60C
- LANDesk Software, Inc. for LANDesk Security Suite
- Sophos Astaro Internet Security for Astaro Security Gateway v8.2
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12