Looking to get the jump on Bitvote (BTV), a forked version of Bitcoin that launched just last January, attackers recently distributed a trojanized calculator app that downloads a cryptominer targeting the new cryptocurrency.
SC Media's Bradley Barth took a ride with industry insiders through the streets San Francisco at the 2018 RSA Conference, using an old form of public transportation we're pretty sure can never get hacked.
A malicious chat app that was advertised on Facebook and sold in the Google Play store was discovered to execute a previously undiscovered spyware program linked to APT-C-23, an advanced persistent threat group allegedly with ties to Hamas.
We already have the means to significantly curtail fake news campaigns emanating from Russia and elsewhere, but it is up security practitioners, and especially online content and advertising platforms, to meaningfully employ these measures, according to Dr. Daniel Rogers, CEO of Terbium Labs.
- SSM Health call center agent with access to records allegedly violated patient privacy
- Zomato breach leaves bad taste in mouth of 17 million users
- University of Wisconsin-Madison data breach impacts 1000-plus former law school applicants
- Hacker accesses Michigan State University database in reported extortion attempt
- Stolen laptop exposes PII of over 200K Premier Healthcare patients
- Magnolia Health Corporation suffers breach after falling for spoofed CEO email
- Employees mishandle data, violate HIPAA in Washington State Medicaid breach