A mobile banking trojan known for using malicious overlays to trick financial app users into giving away their credentials has evolved further to target travel, transportation and traffic ticket payment apps, as well as record phone calls.
Attackers secretly modified at least five software packages distributed by NetSarang in order to infect its business users with modular backdoor spyware, Kaspersky Lab has reported.
A Ukrainian man who authored malware that U.S. intelligence said was used to hack the DNC has become a witness for the FBI after turning himself in early this year, the New York Times has reported.
Marcus Hutchins, the UK researcher who accidentally stopped the spread of WannaCry ransomware, was arraigned in a federal Wisconsin court on Monday, for allegedly authoring a banking trojan called Kronos.
- Zomato breach leaves bad taste in mouth of 17 million users
- Hacker accesses Michigan State University database in reported extortion attempt
- Stolen laptop exposes PII of over 200K Premier Healthcare patients
- Magnolia Health Corporation suffers breach after falling for spoofed CEO email
- Employees mishandle data, violate HIPAA in Washington State Medicaid breach