According to the FBI, the crackdown led to U.S. indictments against 12 individuals, including Darkode's alleged administrator.
A diplomatic agreement that restricts Iran's nuclear program, may indirectly shift its focus towards cyber warfare efforts.
This month, Microsoft released four critical patches and 10 bulletins ranked "important."
Despite reports that iOS devices must be jailbroken before compromise, researchers found other ways to install the spyware.
According to ESET researchers, APT28 started using the Flash exploit on Wednesday, the same day Adobe released a patch for the issue.
- Iowa State server breach exposes SSNs of nearly 30,000
- Officials seek cause of card breach affecting Boston convention attendees
- NYC's new Citi Bike program exposes card info of riders
- Credit card breach strikes Roy's Restaurants in Hawaii
- Data of 50K Michigan residents compromised after website hack
- Detective's stolen laptop risks data of 2,300 in Washington state
- Info of nearly 3K University of Illinois dorm residents stolen
- Data of 47K training to become Florida teachers exposed
- Laptop stolen from Calif. health care provider exposing data of 1,500
- Malware compromises data of patients at UMass Amherst health center
- Event ticketing company hacked, at least tens of thousands affected
- Administrative error exposes personal data of 10,200 neurology patients
- Website hack leads to credit card breach of nearly 10K at N.C. medical practice
- Indiana University hospital laptop stolen, contains data on 10K patients
- Laptop stolen from S.C. medical center contains data on 7k veterans