The cybergang behind the now defunct FinFisher man -in-the-middle attacks has switched over to using a new spyware dubbed StrongPity2 and is now using a several popular websites to conduct watering hole attacks to help install this malware.
The Mozilla Foundation has fixed two security issue, one rated critical, in Firefox 57.0.2 and Firefox ESR 52.5.2.
The cryptomining malware being pushed from cloudflare.solutions has seemingly added keylogger functionality to its mix with PublicWWW reporting that more than 5,400 Wordpress sites are now infected.
Google issued patches for 37 security issues in Chrome, with one being rated critical and six considered high risks, with the release of Chrome 63.0.3239.84.
Between the holiday shopping season now being in full swing and the growing number of retailers hit with data breaches Tripwire was surprised that a recent survey it conducted found a large percentage of retailers had no data breach response plan in place.
- 6,000 Atlanta Public School employees possibly compromised
- 19,000 Medical Oncology Hematology Consultants, PA records exposed in ransomware attack
- Silver Cross Hospital vendor exposes information on 9,000 patients
- 106,000 Mid-Michigan Physicians clinic patient records exposed
- Almost 5,000 The Daniel Drake Center for Post-Acute Care patient records exposed
- 5,300 University of Iowa Health Care records exposed for two years
- Is the FBI's Cyber Most Wanted List really helping catch bad guys?
- 7,000 affected in Bronx Lebanon Hospital Data Breach
- Iowa veterans warned of possible data breach
- The top 5 dumbest cyberthreats that work anyway and their solutions
- W-2 phishing scam scourge continues hitting Powhatan County (Va.) schools
- Cincinnati Eye Institute staffers tax data possibly exposed
- 1,000 Redmond (Ore.) school district workers affected by W-2 breach
- 17K affected in W-2 data breach at American Senior Communities
- 7,700 Manatee, Fla. school workers compromised in W-2 scam