Russian national Stanislav Lisov who is wanted by the United States on hacking charges was arrested in Spain earlier this week.
The cyber protests against President-elect Donald Trump may be starting to unfold with several of his advisers' social media passwords being leaked, a DDoS attack on whitehouse.gov being planned and Anonymous calling for action.
In mid-December a laptop belonging to a doctor working at the Children's Hospital Los Angeles and the Children's Hospital Los Angeles Medical Group was stolen.
Cybersecurity researchers MalwareHunterTeam has uncovered a new botnet malware type it has dubbed GhostAdmin that is alive and working in the wild.
- Ohio's Henry County hit with ransomware, 17,000 residents affected
- Central Ohio Urology Group reports 300K records compromised
- ClixSense breached through old server, 6.6M users potentially affected
- 2,800 St. Agnes Medical Center workers compromised in W-2 attack
- Brunswick Corp.'s 13,000 workers' W-2 data compromised
- 1,206 Solano Community College employees victimized in W-2 data breach
- 18,000 possibly affected by Archdiocese of Denver data breach
- 3,000 Tidewater Community College workers victimized in W-2 scam
- University of Virginia hit with Phishing scam, 1,400 affected
- San Diego County employees data mistakenly sent to Wells Fargo
- Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital loses USB drive with 29K records
- Hillsides worker emails PII to unencrypted address, 1,000 affected
- HealthSouth Round Rock laptop stolen, 1,900 affected
- POS attack hits Swiss Cleaners for 10 months
- Phishing scam hits Middlesex Hospital in Conn.