Android users who recently downloaded the Good Weather app received quite a bit more than just a weather forecast: primarily having their mobile banking app compromised.
Insider threats dominated Protenus' Health Care Breach Barometer with just over half of the compromised patient records that were lost in January being the result of either malicious or unintentional action by an insider.
Congressman Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) has asked the House Oversight Committee to investigate whether or not President Trump is jeopardizing national security by using an unsecured Android mobile device.
A new survey shows that just 3 percent of IT security professionals believe their organization has the technology in place to deal with the most common cyber problems that they face.
- 17K affected in W-2 data breach at American Senior Communities
- 7,700 Manatee, Fla. school workers compromised in W-2 scam
- Breach compromises data of 9,000 Verity Health System patients
- 1.9 million Michigan government workers PII compromised
- 1,300 Lexington County (S.C.) School District Two employees compromised
- Ohio's Henry County hit with ransomware, 17,000 residents affected
- Central Ohio Urology Group reports 300K records compromised
- ClixSense breached through old server, 6.6M users potentially affected
- 2,800 St. Agnes Medical Center workers compromised in W-2 attack
- Brunswick Corp.'s 13,000 workers' W-2 data compromised
- 1,206 Solano Community College employees victimized in W-2 data breach
- 18,000 possibly affected by Archdiocese of Denver data breach
- 3,000 Tidewater Community College workers victimized in W-2 scam
- University of Virginia hit with Phishing scam, 1,400 affected
- San Diego County employees data mistakenly sent to Wells Fargo