Senators from Connecticut and Massachusetts have asked the Federal Trade Commission to investigate whether or not Google, through its Android devices, has deceitfully gathered geo-location data from device users.
The Oregon Clinic discovered on March 9 that an unauthorized third party had accessed an email account possibly exposing the personal health information for some of its patients.
Researchers have come across a new ransomware variant named Vega Stealer that is taking special aim at those in the marketing, advertising, public relations and retail/manufacturing industries.
- "Dad, I'm not wasting my time on Xbox, I'm studying to be a cyber pro"
- Information on 6,800 CareFirst members exposed in phishing attack
- 6,000 Atlanta Public School employees possibly compromised
- 19,000 Medical Oncology Hematology Consultants, PA records exposed in ransomware attack
- Silver Cross Hospital vendor exposes information on 9,000 patients
- 106,000 Mid-Michigan Physicians clinic patient records exposed
- Almost 5,000 The Daniel Drake Center for Post-Acute Care patient records exposed
- 5,300 University of Iowa Health Care records exposed for two years
- Is the FBI's Cyber Most Wanted List really helping catch bad guys?
- 7,000 affected in Bronx Lebanon Hospital Data Breach
- Iowa veterans warned of possible data breach
- The top 5 dumbest cyberthreats that work anyway and their solutions
- W-2 phishing scam scourge continues hitting Powhatan County (Va.) schools
- Cincinnati Eye Institute staffers tax data possibly exposed
- 1,000 Redmond (Ore.) school district workers affected by W-2 breach