Start here for a calendar of events. To have your event included, contact email@example.com.
There are three levels on offer:
Fundamentals; Advanced; and Guided Penetration Test. Learn from a CHECK Team Leader how to conduct a basic penetration test. First, learn the principles of W2K and Linux-based testing, move to Unix, W2K3, basic web application and wireless testing, and finally go through a live test against your public - facing servers. Venue Thame, Oxfordshire. Contact Kate Edgar at Secure Test on 01844 210 300
6-7 March (2 days)
Host Based Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) Essentials
Price £990 + VAT
13-14 March (2 days)
Foundstone Enterprise Administrator Training (Foundstone Enterprise
Price £990 + VAT
27-30 March (4 days)
Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
Price £1,980 + VAT
Contact Wendy Shore at McAfee on wendy_shore@mcAfee.com or phone 01753
10th Annual WebSec 2007 & Identity Management Summit Shielding Informaton Assets - Anytime, Anywhere ...
Summit 26-27 March
Conference 28-30 March
WebSec's decennial year is the meeting hub for information security communities to discover real tactics and cutting-edge research to boost security. Security Attacks; Live Hacking Demos; Securing Web Applications, Networks; Architecture; Mobile Security, WiFi Fraud; Information Security Risk; Compliance ...
- Keynotes: The Earl of Erroll, Ira Winkler, Simon Davies, Kenneth Geers, Martin Smith MBE, Tony Neate
- Debates: Vote the Winner on: IPS/IDP, Firewalls, Pharming, Honeypots, Phishing, Vista, eFraud, Hacking Ethics, Disclosure
- Deal with: Bribery, Espionage, Honeypots, Stealth Malware, Viruses, Trojans, DoS Attacks
- Live Identity Management Deployments: American Express, Novartis Pharma AG, Groupe Mutuel, Philips International BV
- WebSec Quiz Hosted by Orthus to Rejuvenate Your Security Knowledge, Networking on the Thames
Venue Thistle Marble Arch, London
Contact Carlos Doughty,MIS Training on +44 (0)20 7779 7215, email firstname.lastname@example.org; www.mistieurope.com/websec
Safe Training CSTA Course, 23-25 April
Begin your journey into the lucrative world of professional penetration security testing with 7Safe's university-accredited CSTA Ethical Hacking: Hands-On course; giving you an essential understanding of key hacking concepts and experience of using industry-recognised security auditing tools. Highlights of this course include: vulnerability scanning, session hijacking, network mapping, privilege escalation, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) evasion, backdoors & rootkits. The course features common UNIX and Windows vulnerabilities and is designed to educate for the purpose of properly defending systems from hacking attacks. Contact: 7Safe on 0870 600 1667 Website: www.7safe.com/dates
National Information Security Conference, 16-18 May
NISC focuses solely on Information Assurance and covers all relevant business issues from risk assessment and business continuity.
- Industry-Leading Speakers: Ed Gibson, Microsoft; Fred Piper, Royal Holloway; Gareth Griffiths, eBay; Simon Perry, CA; Harvey Mattinson, Cabinet Office; John Strange, SOCA
- Business & Technical Workshops: a choice of over 20
- Exhibition Hall: Microsoft, Whale, Securewave, Stonesoft, Swivel
- Networking Opportunities: Public Sector and Corporate organisation sharing "war stories"
- Evenings: Relax in a superb environment
Price Registration starts at £395
Venue St Andrews Bay, Fife, Scotland
Contact Call Tina Deighton on 01642 702 100 or email email@example.com www.nisc.org.uk
4th Annual CISO, Executive Summit & Roundtable, 6-8 June
"Achieving a Holistic Perspective of Your Information Security Risks and Infrastructure"
Focuses on priority roles for today's Chief Information Security Officers. Keynotes by leading world experts (2006 keynote by Kevin Mitnick), case studies and debates benchmark successful critical security infrastructures:
- Learn from Outstanding Information Security Innovations
- Priority Relationships: Business, Legal and Compliance, Identity Management, Privacy, IT
- Expert Insights into New Security Trends, Emerging Risks and Threats
2007 Speakers include:
Charles V Pask, Managing Director, ITSEC Associates
Donald A Purdy, Recently Acting Director, National Cyber Security Division/US-CERT, Department of Homeland Security
Ed Gelbstein, Advisor, United Nations and French Audit Office
James Christiansen, CISO, Experian
Ray Stanton, Global Head of Business Continuity, Security and Governance Practice, BT
We hope you can join your security peers in the capital of the Riviera to reinvigorate your information security strategy at the very highest level. Venue Hotel Negresco, Nice.