New Mexico is a signature away from becoming the nation's 48th state to pass a data breach notification law.
Largely owing to the breach of Yahoo, 2016 proved to be the year when the term mega-breach reached a pinnacle, according to the just-released "IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence Index 2017."
Vicky Ames, the director of IT security and security risk management at Marriott International, will be participating in a keynote panel entitled "The Trump Effect on Information Security," at RiskSec NY on May 2.
"We will not help any government, including our own, hack or attack any customer anywhere," Brad Smith, the president of Microsoft, said in an interview.
Police in several countries are wrapping up investigations of two 18-year-old Israelis suspected of causing $1.6 million in damages from hawking software intended to crash websites.
- Data on 3.2K patients exposed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Data exposed of 15K clients of New Hampshire DHHS
- Breach at Peachtree Orthopedics impacted 531K, report
- Japan's Shiheido cosmetics firm hit with breach
- Chicago Public School data improperly shared
- Data breach hits Whitehead Nursing Home in Northern Ireland
- Records exposed of 650K patients at Bon Secours
- Children's National Health System breached, data of 4K patients compromised
- Data on 1K staffers and students at Kentucky State University exposed
- Georgia office leaks data on six million voters
- Florida medical center hit with breach for third time in two years
- Rebel with a cause: Glenn Greenwald is a doctor for America's conscience
- Envelopes mailed to 26k retired government employees in N.C. exposes SSNs
- Data of 4k at risk after breach at Michigan health facility
- Thumb drive with data on 14k hospital patients stolen