READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Database Security Solution
Protecting its critical information is the number one priority for many organizations. An integral component of this is to secure corporate databases. Entries here should include solutions that help customers safeguard mission-critical database environments. Features of these offerings can run the gamut – from encryption to access management to logging and monitoring. Be sure to explain the specific ways the solution protects these corporate crown jewels and the features present to ensure exposures are mitigated.
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point 13500 Appliances
- DB Networks for DB Networks IDS-6300 Core IDS
- McAfee for McAfee Database Security Suite for Databases
- Netwrix for Netwrix Auditor
Best Managed Security Service
These offerings provide a turnkey approach to an organization’s primary technical security needs. These offerings can either be a co-located device at the client organization facility, or can be a completely outsourced solution where the application to be protected would reside at the vendor’s data center.
- Dell SecureWorks for Dell SecureWorks Managed Security Services
- MANDIANT for MANDIANT Managed Defense
- OpenDNS for Umbrella by OpenDNS
- Sophos for Sophos Complete MSP Security
- Verizon for Managed Security Services
Best SIEM Solution
Security information and event management (SIEM) tools are used to collect, aggregate and correlate log data for unified analysis and reporting. Typically, these tools can take logs from a large number of sources, normalize them and build a database that allows detailed reporting and analysis. While forensic analysis of network events may be a feature of a SIEM, it is not the only feature, nor is it the primary focus of the tool.
- AlienVault for AlienVault Unified Security Management Platform
- Hewlett-Packard for HP ArcSight ESM
- LogRhythm for LogRhythm’s SIEM and Security Analytics Platform
- McAfee for McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
- SolarWinds for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Splunk for Splunk Enterprise
Best Security Company
Nominees should be the tried-and-true, longer-standing companies which have been offering products and services to customers for at least three years. Nominations can come from all sectors. Areas that will be accounted for in the judging process include: product line strength, customer base, customer service/support, research and development, company growth and solvency, innovation and more.
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Kaspersky Lab
- Prolexic Technologies
- Trend Micro
Rookie Security Company of the Year
Nominated companies should be new to the IT security field – offering an initial, strong, flagship product that is within two years of its initial release. Nominees can come from any IT security product/service sector and will be continuing efforts in further product development, customer growth and overall fiscal and employee growth. Please note in your submission the launch date of your initial flagship offering. If this initial offering or any of your other products have been on the market for longer than two years, please do not submit a nomination in this category.
- Secure Mentem