Best Database Security Solution
Protecting critical information is the number one priority for many organizations. An integral component of this is to secure corporate databases. Entries here should include solutions that help customers safeguard mission-critical database environments. Features of these offerings can run the gamut – from encryption to access management to logging and monitoring. Be sure to explain the specific ways the solution protects these corporate crown jewels and the features present to ensure exposures are mitigated.
- DB Networks for DB Networks DBN-6300
- GreenSQL for GreenSQL Database Security and Compliance
- HP for HP Enterprise Secure Key Manager with HP Secure Encryption
- Trustwave for Trustwave DbProtect
- Vormetric for Vormetric Data Security Platform
Best Managed Security Service
These offerings provide a turnkey approach to an organization’s primary technical security needs. These offerings can either be a co-located device at the client organization facility, or can be a completely outsourced solution where the application to be protected would reside at the vendor’s data center.
- Cisco for Managed Threat Defense
- Dell SecureWorks for Managed Security Services
- EventTracker SIEM Simplified
- Trustwave for Trustwave Managed Security Services
- Webroot for Webroot SecureAnywhere Global Site Manager
Best SIEM Solution
Security information and event management (SIEM) tools are used to collect, aggregate and correlate log data for unified analysis and reporting. Typically, these tools can take logs from a large number of sources, normalize them and build a database that allows detailed reporting and analysis. While forensic analysis of network events may be a feature of a SIEM, it is not the only feature, nor is it the primary focus of the tool.
- AlienVault for AlienVault’s Unified Security Management (USM)
- Intel Security for McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
- LogRhythm for LogRhythm Security Intelligence Platform
- SolarWinds for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Splunk for Splunk Enterprise
Best Security Company
Nominees should be the tried-and-true, longer-standing companies which have been offering products and services to customers for at least three years. Nominations can come from all sectors. Areas that will be accounted for in the judging process include: product line strength, customer base, customer service/support, research and development, company growth and solvency, innovation and more.
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Trend Micro
Rookie Security Company of the Year
Nominated companies should be new to the IT security field – offering an initial, strong, flagship product that is within two years of its initial release. Nominees can come from any IT security product/service sector and will be continuing efforts in further product development, customer growth and overall fiscal and employee growth. Please note in your submission the launch date of your initial flagship offering. If this initial offering or any of your other products have been on the market for longer than two years, please do not submit a nomination in this category.
- Sumo Logic