READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Cloud Computing Security Solution
These technologies are deployed to protect data and/or applications in a cloud environment. They may also protect the cloud computing infrastructure itself. Cloud computing security concerns are numerous for both providers and their customers, and include security and privacy worries, compliance issues and legal/contractual problems. Solutions or services in this category can provide for the protection of data or applications in the cloud, protection for traffic flowing between companies and their cloud service providers, policy management and encryption capabilities, privileged user access and controls or more.
- AirWatch by VMware for AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Management
- Blue Coat Systems for Blue Coat Cloud Security Solution
- Dell Software for Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager
- Juniper Networks for Firefly Perimeter
- Trend Micro for Trend Micro Deep Security
Best Fraud Prevention Solution
Given the reliance on the internet by consumers from all walks of life to conduct any number of retail, banking or other transactions, fraud prevention solutions have become critical. Tools nominated in this category strive to minimize online privacy and security problems that could lead to fraud and, therefore, impact both the company and the customer. Still an evolving area of information security, there are a slew of solutions and services available that could qualify for consideration in this category – from authentication and enhanced encryption solutions to secure web communication or malware-detection offerings.
- Entrust for Entrust TransactionGuard
- F5 Networks for F5 WebSafe/MobileSafe
- Kaspersky Lab for Kaspersky Fraud Prevention
- RSA, the security division of EMC for RSA Web Threat Detection
- Splunk for Splunk Enterprise
Best Multifactor Solution
Products here provide enhanced security to end-users or devices by offering credentials for access to an authenticator or authentication server. Software and hardware that specializes in the biometric authentication of users is also included here. These solutions may use a tangible device (something you have) for authentication, and knowledge (something you know) for authentication. For biometrics, the solution provides identification and authentication using any of the following methods: finger/thumb print, retinal scan, voice recognition, hand/palm geometry or facial recognition.
- CA Technologies for CA Advanced Authentication
- Duo Security for Duo Security Cloud Based Two Factor Authentication
- Entrust for Entrust IdentityGuard
- RSA, the security division of EMC for RSA SecurID
- SecureAuth for SecureAuth IdP
Best Web Application Firewall
Application firewalls inspect the body of packets and restrict access to legitimate application traffic while blocking access to other parts of the operating system. They typically use deep-packet inspection, provide logging and reporting, block real-time traffic, provide alerting capabilities and auto-update features, perform web caching, provide content filtering, offer web-based access to reporting and/or logging, protect traffic from reaching the underlying operating system, and filter application traffic to only legitimate requests.
- Alert Logic for Web Security Manager
- Barracuda for Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- F5 Networks for F5 BIG-IP Application Security Manager (ASM)
- Fortinet for FortiWeb-1000D Web Application Firewall
- Trustwave for Trustwave Web Application Firewall
Best Enterprise Security Solution
This includes tools and services from all product sectors specifically designed to meet the requirements of large enterprises. The winning solution will have been a leading solution during the last two years, having helped to strengthen the IT security industry’s continued evolution.
- Cisco for Cisco FirePOWER
- CyberArk for CyberArk Privileged Account Security Solution
- Palo Alto Networks for Palo Alto Networks Enterprise Security Platform
- Splunk for Splunk Enterprise
- Vormetric for Vormetric Data Security Platform