He's not the only IT security practitioner looking to develop a robust risk management plan. That's why the October SC Forum will focus on the topics related to helping information security pros mitigate risks in their companies.
The SC Forum 2006 is an exclusive two-day networking event that takes attendees out of the office and away from distraction.
There is still time to register. Please call events manager Laura Quartuccio at 646-638-6108, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NETWORK AND DISCUSS:
Hot button issues
The theme for this fall's event is Strengthening Risk Management Postures, and highlights include:
Monday, October 30:
- 7:00 p.m.: Opening Reception
- 8:00 p.m.: Dinner with Keynote Speakers: Economic Espionage and Intellectual Property Theft in the Information Age — Christopher Burgess, senior security advisor, Cisco Systems; Richard Power, author and consultant
Tuesday, October 31:
- 9:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Vendor meetings
- 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.: Speaker Session: The Business of Security — Bryan Palma, founder, Ponic LLC
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.: Speaker Session: Avoiding Compliance Duplication — André Gold, information security director, Continental Airlines
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.: Speaker Session: Making Sense of the Threats — Georgia Newhall, director of information security operations, Northrop Grumman Corporation
Wednesday, November 1:
- 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.: Speaker Session: Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery — Paul Zazzera, senior vice president and CIO, Time, Inc.
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.: Speaker Session: Tackling Privacy and Security Needs — Howard Schmidt, president & CEO, R & H Security Consulting LLC.