Date: Thursday, August 20, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET/ 11:00 a.m. PT
Despite the meteoric rise of cloud based applications and services, as well as its subsequent adoption by a significant number of enterprises, security still remains a major concern for many organizations. The elephant in the room is the misconception that the cloud is less secure than on-premise capabilities. Gartner eloquently describes this as “more of a trust issue than based on any reasonable analysis of actual security capabilities”.
A recent global study by BT revealed that 76% of large organizations cited security as their main concern for using cloud-based services. 49% admitted being “ very” or “extremely anxious” about the security complications of these services. However according to Gartner, the reality is “most breaches continue to involve on-premises data center environments”.
Where do you stand on this issue?
Join Patrick Foxhoven, VP & CTO of Emerging Technologies, Zscaler, for a compelling webcast debunking the top myths of cloud security. He will address the following myths:
· Cloud-based infrastructure is inherently more vulnerable than a traditional IT infrastructure
· Cloud vendors lack transparency when it comes to understanding their security posture
· Physical management of data and hardware means better security
· Cloud security is difficult to manage
· Moving security to the cloud results in a loss of control over the security architecturePatrick will also provide concrete steps you can take to keep your organization safe in today's cloud and mobile first IT landscape.
Patrick Foxhoven, VP & CTO, Emerging Technologies, Zscaler