Cybersecurity Asset Management
Why asset management is foundational to cybersecurity
- Asset inventory: Getting a complete inventory of all hardware, software, and network assets
- License management: Ensuring all assets are running properly licensed software
- Lifecycle management: Deciding which assets should be decommissioned, managing the software licenses on these assets, and updating the inventory
- Endpoint protection: Helps detect assets missing an endpoint agent, or identify those that have the right agent installed, but where the agent isn’t working.
- Vulnerability management: Helps uncover assets not being scanned by a vulnerability assessment tool.
- Cloud security: Helps find misconfigured cloud instances and those not being scanned for vulnerabilities or not adhering to industry benchmarks (like CIS Foundations Benchmarks).
- Incident response: Uses enriched, correlated data on assets from different data sources to expedite incident response and remediation.
- Continuous Controls Monitoring: Helps automatically identify assets that stop adhering to your overall security policy.
- Security policy enforcement: Helps automatically address assets that don’t adhere to security policies.