Start here for a calendar of events. To have your event included, contact [email protected]
There are three levels on offer:
Fundamentals; Advanced; and Guided Penetration Test. Learn from a CHECKTeam Leader how to conduct a basic penetration test. First, learn theprinciples of W2K and Linux-based testing, move to Unix, W2K3, basic webapplication and wireless testing, and finally go through a live testagainst your public - facing servers. Venue Thame, Oxfordshire. ContactKate Edgar at Secure Test on 01844 210 300
6-7 March (2 days)
Host Based Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) Essentials
Price £990 + VAT
13-14 March (2 days)
Foundstone Enterprise Administrator Training (Foundstone Enterprise
Price £990 + VAT
27-30 March (4 days)
Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
Price £1,980 + VAT
Contact Wendy Shore at McAfee on [email protected] or phone 01753
10th Annual WebSec 2007 & Identity Management Summit ShieldingInformaton Assets - Anytime, Anywhere ...
Summit 26-27 March
Conference 28-30 March
WebSec's decennial year is the meeting hub for information securitycommunities to discover real tactics and cutting-edge research to boostsecurity. Security Attacks; Live Hacking Demos; Securing WebApplications, Networks; Architecture; Mobile Security, WiFi Fraud;Information Security Risk; Compliance ...
- Keynotes: The Earl of Erroll, Ira Winkler, Simon Davies, KennethGeers, Martin Smith MBE, Tony Neate
- Debates: Vote the Winner on: IPS/IDP, Firewalls, Pharming, Honeypots,Phishing, Vista, eFraud, Hacking Ethics, Disclosure
- Deal with: Bribery, Espionage, Honeypots, Stealth Malware, Viruses,Trojans, DoS Attacks
- Live Identity Management Deployments: American Express, NovartisPharma AG, Groupe Mutuel, Philips International BV
- WebSec Quiz Hosted by Orthus to Rejuvenate Your Security Knowledge,Networking on the Thames
Venue Thistle Marble Arch, London
Contact Carlos Doughty,MIS Training on +44 (0)20 7779 7215, [email protected]; www.mistieurope.com/websec
Safe Training CSTA Course, 23-25 April
Begin your journey into the lucrative world of professional penetrationsecurity testing with 7Safe's university-accredited CSTA EthicalHacking: Hands-On course; giving you an essential understanding of keyhacking concepts and experience of using industry-recognised securityauditing tools. Highlights of this course include: vulnerabilityscanning, session hijacking, network mapping, privilege escalation,Intrusion Detection System (IDS) evasion, backdoors & rootkits. Thecourse features common UNIX and Windows vulnerabilities and is designedto educate for the purpose of properly defending systems from hackingattacks. Contact: 7Safe on 0870 600 1667 Website:www.7safe.com/dates
National Information Security Conference, 16-18 May
NISC focuses solely on Information Assurance and covers all relevantbusiness issues from risk assessment and business continuity.
- Industry-Leading Speakers: Ed Gibson, Microsoft; Fred Piper, RoyalHolloway; Gareth Griffiths, eBay; Simon Perry, CA; Harvey Mattinson,Cabinet Office; John Strange, SOCA
- Business & Technical Workshops: a choice of over 20
- Exhibition Hall: Microsoft, Whale, Securewave, Stonesoft, Swivel
- Networking Opportunities: Public Sector and Corporate organisationsharing "war stories"
- Evenings: Relax in a superb environment
Price Registration starts at £395
Venue St Andrews Bay, Fife, Scotland
Contact Call Tina Deighton on 01642 702 100 or [email protected] www.nisc.org.uk
4th Annual CISO, Executive Summit & Roundtable, 6-8 June
"Achieving a Holistic Perspective of Your Information Security Risks andInfrastructure"
Focuses on priority roles for today's Chief Information SecurityOfficers. Keynotes by leading world experts (2006 keynote by KevinMitnick), case studies and debates benchmark successful criticalsecurity infrastructures:
- Learn from Outstanding Information Security Innovations
- Priority Relationships: Business, Legal and Compliance, IdentityManagement, Privacy, IT
- Expert Insights into New Security Trends, Emerging Risks andThreats
2007 Speakers include:
Charles V Pask, Managing Director, ITSEC Associates
Donald A Purdy, Recently Acting Director, National Cyber SecurityDivision/US-CERT, Department of Homeland Security
Ed Gelbstein, Advisor, United Nations and French Audit Office
James Christiansen, CISO, Experian
Ray Stanton, Global Head of Business Continuity, Security and GovernancePractice, BT
We hope you can join your security peers in the capital of the Rivierato reinvigorate your information security strategy at the very highestlevel. Venue Hotel Negresco, Nice.