Facebook Scams, Mudge, CISA, & Hidden Cobra – SWN #83
Full episode and show notes
This week, Dr. Doug talks Bumble, Facebook Scams, Mudge, CISA, Hidden Cobra, and Lazarus Group! All this and Jason Wood returns for Expert Commentary on the Security Weekly News!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. Exposed Database exposes 100k user Facebook scam
- 2. Pieter Zatko, known as the hacker Mudge, named head of Twitter Security
- 3. Zoom debuts new tools to halt Zoom Bombing attacks
- 4. CISA Director, Chirs Krebs, expects to be fired due to saying the Election was secure
- 5. Credential Stuffing attacks will dominate the holiday sales season
- 6. Veraport servers used as malware launching portals by Lazarus Group
- 7. Bumble has big API hole that allows data dumps of user info.
- 8. Zloader malsmoke attack on high traffic pr0n sites.
- 9. Yes, you may pee in the shower, but not mine.
Senior Researcher at CrowdStrike
- 1. Cult videogame company Capcom pays a big round $0.00 to ransomware crooksCapcom's statement on the intrusion - http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e201116.html