Space, Naughty Cell Phones, HP, ASUS, Meta, Google, Gil Kirkpatrick and more – SWN #300
Space, the final frontier, Naughty Cell Phones, HP, ASUS, Meta, Google, Gil Kirkpatrick, and more on this edition of the Security Weekly News.
Segment Resources: https://www.darkreading.com/cloud/microsoft-azure-vms-highjacked-in-cloud-cyberattack
This segment is sponsored by Semperis. Visit https://securityweekly.com/semperis to learn more about them!
Gil Kirkpatrick is a long-time veteran of the commercial software industry and has focused on identity and access management products since the early 1990s. He has held technology leadership roles at HTS, NetPro, Quest Software, and ViewDS Identity Solutions, and is known as the founder of the Directory Experts Conference (later renamed The Experts Conference). Kirkpatrick is the author of Active Directory Programming, the original reference book for developers working with Microsoft’s Active Directory. He has been nominated as a Microsoft MVP for Active Directory and Enterprise Mobility for each of the last 15 years.
- 1. ASUS routers knocked offline worldwide by bad security update
- 2. HP rushes to fix bricked printers after faulty firmware update
- 3. Samsung Smartphone Users Warned of Actively Exploited Vulnerability
- 4. Apple Patches 3 Exploited WebKit Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
- 5. Dish Ransomware Attack Impacted Nearly 300,000 People
- 6. E.U. slaps Meta with record $1.3 billion fine for data privacy violations
- 7. SpaceX launches 4 private citizens to the space station