The Art & Science of Metawar – Winn Schwartau – BSW #318
The “Civilian Architect of Information Warfare”
– Commodore Pat Tyrrell OBE Royal Navy, 1996
Winn has lived Cybersecurity since 1983, and now says, “I think, maybe, I’m just starting to understand it.” His predictions about the internet & security have been scarily spot on. He coined the term “Electronic Pearl Harbor” while testifying before Congress in 1991. His seminal book, “Information Warfare” showed the world how and why massive identity theft, cyber-espionage, nation-state hacking, and cyber-terrorism would be an integral part of the future (today’s present).
Currently, he is exploring “Metawar,” a term he coined to describe the art and science of reality distortion, manipulation, and addiction in the metaverse. Just with current and short-term technological capabilities, the security, privacy, ethics, and global policy implications are staggering.
His last book, “Analogue Network Security” is a time-based probabilistic approach to security. By hybridizing analogue and digital techniques, he offers methods to “fix security and the internet”. It will twist your mind. “The Best Cybersecurity Book of All Time,” Cyber Defense Magazine.
• Fellow, Royal Society of the Arts
• Distinguished Fellow: Ponemon Institute
• International Security Hall of Fame: ISSA
• Top-20 industry pioneers: SC Magazine.
• Top 25 Most Influential: Security Magazine
• Top 5 Security Thinkers: SC Magazine.
• Power Thinker and one of the 50 most powerful people: Network World.
• Top Rated (4.85/5) RSA Speaker
• Top Rated Webinar: 4.56 (ISC2)
• .001% Top Influencer RSAC-2019
• Global Power Speaker
Author: “Pearl Harbor Dot Com” (Die Hard IV), 3 volumes of “Information Warfare”, “CyberShock”, “Internet and Computer Ethics for Kids”. (More on his web site.)
Executive Producer: “Hackers Are People Too”
Founder: TheSecurityAwarenessCompany, Security Experts, InfowarCon, Hacker Jeopardy