The VC Perspective: Embracing Uncertainty and Staying the Course – BSW #267
Forgepoint Capital’s Co-Founder and Managing Director, Alberto Yépez, explains what the current economic challenges mean for innovation and the future of the cybersecurity market. Hear his perspective on what security investments, as well as mergers and acquisitions, will look like throughout the next 12-18 months, and how responsible companies are staying the course amidst layoffs and budget cuts in order to turn uncertainty into a strategic path forward.
- Forgepoint’s new CISO security priorities model: https://forgepointcap.com/news/forgepoint-capital-builds-first-ever-ciso-security-priorities-model/
Recent exits that Forgepoint supported:
- Forescout acquires Cysiv on June 6, 2022(release: https://www.cysiv.com/news/forescout-announces-intent-to-acquire-cysiv and Forgepoint’s blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/executive-spotlight-an-interview-with-partha-panda-ceo-of-cysiv/)
- SentinelOne acquires Attivo Networks on May 4, 2022 (release: https://www.sentinelone.com/press/sentinelone-completes-acquisition-of-attivo-networks/ and Forgepoint’s “why we invested” blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/attivo-networks-why-we-invested/)
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Acquires BehavioSec on May 3, 2022 (release:https://risk.lexisnexis.com/about-us/press-room/press-release/20220503-behaviosec and Forgepoint’s blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/executive-spotlight-an-interview-with-neil-costigan-of-behaviosec/)
- Cloudflare acquires Area 1 Security on April 1, 2022 (release: https://www.cloudflare.com/press-releases/2022/cloudflare-completes-acquisition-of-area-1-security/ and Forgepoint’s “why we invested” blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/area-1-security-why-we-invested/)
Alberto Yépez is a Co-Founder and Managing Director at Forgepoint Capital, a venture capital firm that invests in transformative companies protecting the digital future. He is a seasoned investor and serial entrepreneur with a proven track record of building global businesses and leading them to successful exits. Under his leadership, Forgepoint now has the largest portfolio of cybersecurity companies (37 active), one of the most experienced and diverse teams in the industry, and a 75-member Advisory Council of industry experts, customers, and partners who support portfolio growth with guidance and connections.
Alberto serves as Chairman Emeritus of the Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC). He was previously on the Board of the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) and the Board of Trustees of the University of San Francisco. Alberto holds a BS from the University of San Francisco. He also attended the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Perú.