This week in the leadership articles segment, Matt, Paul and Jason cover the following articles: Tech Isn't the Problem or Solution for Better Productivity. Instead, Look to Your Own Leadership, 9 Quotes By NBA Legend Kobe Bryant That Might Impact Our Lives Forever, Research: How to Build Trust with Business Partners from Other Cultures, Discover focusing on efficiency, brings in new CIO, CTO interview: Juan Villamil discusses changing IT culture, and For zero trust to work, machines and humans require identities.
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/bsw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor's Page
Kobe's Quotes To Live and Other Leadership News
- Tech Isn't the Problem or Solution for Better Productivity. Instead, Look to Your Own Leadership - Technology has allowed us to be always connected, and it's often viewed as the core issue. In the future of work, however, tech isn't the enemy. Work expectations continuously evolve; as leaders, we must be aware of the traits that are driving changes in how teams perform at their highest levels, including these two:
- The need for psychological safety
- Leading by example
- 9 Quotes By NBA Legend Kobe Bryant That Might Impact Our Lives Forever - Kobe's keys to success, happiness, and finding balance:
- Don’t Accept Failure
- Success Demands Sacrifice
- Every Situation Presents an Opportunity
- Inspire People to Become Better
- Half-Hearted Work Won’t Pay Off
- Practice Self-Reflection Purposefully
- Family is Everything
- Being Lazy Comes With a Cost
- Learn From the Best
- Research: How to Build Trust with Business Partners from Other Cultures - Trust is the social glue that holds business relationships together. But, how do managers decide whether to trust a potential partner outside of their business? And how does culture influence this decision-making process? Here's a regional Summary:
- North American and European Cultures: Openness
- East Asian Cultures: Competency
- Middle Eastern and South Asian Cultures: Respect
- Latin American Cultures: Similar Values
- Discover focusing on efficiency, brings in new CIO - As CIO, Amir Arooni will join a company in the process of streamlining business capabilities, targeting efficiency.
- CTO interview: Juan Villamil discusses changing IT culture - Juan Villamil has worked at the Department for Work and Pensions for nearly five years. As he heads off to take up a new challenge at Imperial College, he discusses change and transformation, including:
- Into the cloud
- Journey from outsourcing
- For zero trust to work, machines and humans require identities - The security method challenges traditional notions of identity management because it includes people, devices and machines.
|[caption id="attachment_210" align="alignleft" width="120"] Jason Albuquerque - CIO & CSO[/caption]||[caption id="attachment_210" align="alignleft" width="120"] Matt Alderman - CEO[/caption]||[caption id="attachment_210" align="alignleft" width="120"] Paul Asadoorian - Founder & CTO[/caption]|
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!