Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
- Ownership - A Defining Trait Of A Leader ==> Extreme Ownership. Get some!
- Brad Feld Cofounder of Techstars Talks Depression and Obsession ==>
- Eight VCs Explain How (And Why) They Assess Founders’ Emotional Intelligence ==> the flipside to what we talked about last week.
- The raw reality of startup stealth mode ==> Maybe stealth mode isn't always worth it
- Your 5-Week Plan To Starting A Side Hustle Over Your Lunch Break ==>Some elements of this are really solid. Michael explains.
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
How Pro Rata Works In Venture Capital Deals
Attivo Networks raised $21M Series C
- “Attivo is a deception-based threat detection and continuous response platform to prevent cyber-attacks in user networks, data centers and remote offices.”
- $44M over 3 rounds in 2 years. Series B was in May… interesting timing
SecurityScorecard raised $27.5M Series CSecurityScorecard was valued at roughly $91 million in June 2016 with a $20 million funding.
- $62M over four rounds + seed since 2013
- “SecurityScorecard offers a cloud-based risk assessment platform to predict and remediate potential security threats across organizations.”
ShiftLeft raised $9.3M Series A
- “ShiftLeft develops a cloud security platform that enables organizations to monitor threats and prevent data leaks from applications and microservices.”
CloudZero raised $5M Series A
- “Cloudzero develops a SaaS-based site reliability platform that offers insights on undesirable user behavior and system fragility for cloud environments.”
Akamai acquired Nominum for Undisclosed
- “Nominum is a provider of DNS and carrier-grade cybersecurity solutions for enterprises and managed networks.”
- Looks like about $41M over four rounds — but last round was 2005!!
- Revenue estimates — take with a grain of salt — are around $60M annual
[audio src="http://traffic.libsyn.com/sswaudio/Attivo_Networks_CloudZero_and_Akami_-_Startup_Security_Weekly_59_converted.mp3" ]