While banks have built effective barriers for external attacks, researchers warn they have not done nearly as much work to fight threats on their internal networks.
Researchers from various universities conducted what was described as the first large-scale study of apps used by stalkers to track their intimate partners.
Comic-book writer Stan Lee appears to have sent a beacon to assemble his fans and Mark Zuckerberg after discovering his Instagram and Facebook accounts were hacked.
The second campaign from the "Sun Team" hacking group managed to sneak its way into the Google Play Store that actively targeted North Korean defectors.
- Henry Ford Health System data breach compromised data of nearly 20,000 patients
- Maine IT Office leaks foster child data
- Kaiser Permanente members notified of Riverside area breach
- Virgin America data breach hits employees and contractors
- Millions of SSN across 10 states leaked in Kansas Commerce Dept. breach
- 4K W-2 compromised in Scotty's Brewhouse phishing attack
- Sentara Healthcare notifies 5.4K of breach
- Data of 19K Delaware Blue Cross Blue Shield customers compromised
- 30K affected in Texas Hospital breach
- Texas school district's student data potentially compromised
- Data breach and ransomware hit Hutchinson Community Foundation
- 324K Regpack users' info compromised when decrypted files placed on public-facing server
- University of Alaska breach may have exposed student info
- Sacramento County data exposed for nearly a year
- Banner Health data breach impacts 3.7 million