An IoT botnet has set its hooks in about 4,500 - 5,000 proxy devices to send spam emails which each device capable of sending 400 messages or a total of 1.8 million messages per day.
D.C. Court of Appeals ruled the use of stingrays, or cell-site simulators, without a warrant is unconstitutional on the grounds of violating the Fourth Amendment.
An aggressive ransomware campaign is infecting victims with a Locky variant that only uses a single identifier for all of its victims.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) decided not to approve the NSA encryption algorithms Speck and Simon.
- Kaiser Permanente members notified of Riverside area breach
- Virgin America data breach hits employees and contractors
- Millions of SSN across 10 states leaked in Kansas Commerce Dept. breach
- 4K W-2 compromised in Scotty's Brewhouse phishing attack
- Sentara Healthcare notifies 5.4K of breach
- Data of 19K Delaware Blue Cross Blue Shield customers compromised
- 30K affected in Texas Hospital breach
- Texas school district's student data potentially compromised
- Data breach and ransomware hit Hutchinson Community Foundation
- 324K Regpack users' info compromised when decrypted files placed on public-facing server
- University of Alaska breach may have exposed student info
- Sacramento County data exposed for nearly a year
- Banner Health data breach impacts 3.7 million
- NC State breach affects 38,000
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department reports customer data compromised