MalwareHunterTeam researchers discovered a second variant this week of the CryptoMix ransomware appending the .0000 extension to encrypted files.
As misconfigured Amazon servers continue to leak sensitive data, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is the latest culprit of administrators not properly securing their cloud servers.
Cy Vance spoke on the lack of federal legislation to force tech giants to make exceptions in smartphone encryption for when judicial warrants are issued.
Cisco is warning users of a critical flaw in its Voice-OS which could allow an unauthenticated, remote hacker to gain elevated access to 12 types of its products.
Malwarebytes researchers are warning IT workers seeking love online to beware "CatPhishing" scams which can leave entire companies devastated.
- Maine IT Office leaks foster child data
- Kaiser Permanente members notified of Riverside area breach
- Virgin America data breach hits employees and contractors
- Millions of SSN across 10 states leaked in Kansas Commerce Dept. breach
- 4K W-2 compromised in Scotty's Brewhouse phishing attack
- Sentara Healthcare notifies 5.4K of breach
- Data of 19K Delaware Blue Cross Blue Shield customers compromised
- 30K affected in Texas Hospital breach
- Texas school district's student data potentially compromised
- Data breach and ransomware hit Hutchinson Community Foundation
- 324K Regpack users' info compromised when decrypted files placed on public-facing server
- University of Alaska breach may have exposed student info
- Sacramento County data exposed for nearly a year
- Banner Health data breach impacts 3.7 million
- NC State breach affects 38,000