A US consumer protection regulator has ordered three security companies to stop misrepresenting themselves as participants in a major US-Asia privacy agreement.
In a speech in London today, the minister for digital and culture announced the government is ramping up pressure on organisations to adopt Cyber Essentials.
To help in celebrating Data Privacy Day, we've gathered a number of news stories and other tidbits emphasizing privacy.
The cybersecurity and privacy communities have an abundance of advice for Donald Trump as he plots his cyber strategy.
The administration has hinted at cybersecurity policy, but no definitive strategy has emerged.
- Steve Durbin, global vice president, Information Security Forum
- Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence, IOActive
- Paul Lipman, CEO, Total Defense
- Trey Ford, global security strategist, Rapid7
- Nick Rowe, COO, iSEC Partners
- Nawaf Bitar, senior VP and GM, security business unit, Juniper Networks
- Larry Whiteside, chief security officer, Lynx Technology Partners Inc.
- Kevin Hickey, CEO, BeyondTrust
- Jason Healey, director of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Jack Daniel, technical product manager, Tenable Network Security
- Chris Hadnagy, chief human hacker, Social-Engineer, Inc.
- Avivah Shah, vice president and distinguished analyst, Gartner
- Aviv Raff, CTO, Seculert