Academics with innovative ideas in cyber-security that have potential for commercialisation are invited to apply for grants of up to £16k from Innovate UK, working with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Cyberespionage group Turla is reported to be targeting embassies and consulates in the post-Soviet states using a new tool to dupe potential victims into installing malware to exfiltrate data.
Investment in cyber-security could achieve £14.8 million savings per year for the health sector say NHS IT managers, with 90 percent of respondents to a recent survey saying that that prioritising cyber-security in the NHS will unlock the potential of digitalisation to improve patient care.
In recent conferences Europol has been teaming up with other organisations to ensure a joint law enforcement approach with Interpol to the darkweb and ransomware especially, and with ENISA to meet the challenge of IOT.
- Steve Durbin, global vice president, Information Security Forum
- Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence, IOActive
- Paul Lipman, CEO, Total Defense
- Trey Ford, global security strategist, Rapid7
- Nick Rowe, COO, iSEC Partners
- Nawaf Bitar, senior VP and GM, security business unit, Juniper Networks
- Larry Whiteside, chief security officer, Lynx Technology Partners Inc.
- Kevin Hickey, CEO, BeyondTrust
- Jason Healey, director of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Jack Daniel, technical product manager, Tenable Network Security
- Chris Hadnagy, chief human hacker, Social-Engineer, Inc.
- Avivah Shah, vice president and distinguished analyst, Gartner
- Aviv Raff, CTO, Seculert