The university discovered the intrusion by an unauthorized third party on the day after it first occurred, but only realized data had been breached through a report from outside security investigators on July 31.
The former CIA directors said clearances should be revoked for security reasons, not political differences.
With the midterms approaching, election systems are in need of greater safeguards, security pros said.
Some Instagram users found themselves logged out of their accounts and when they tried to reset their passwords they discovered that their recovery email addresses had been set to .ru accounts.
Caesars' Palace security room checks rattle Def Con attendees, conference SecOps head offers resignation
Def Con attendees complained the Las Vegas hotel violated their privacy and made them feel unsafe by spotchecking the room of guests who've rejected housekeeping services.
- No one wants to be FBI Director James Comey right now...
- White House cybersecurity policy? Anyone? Anyone?
- Stanford University employees victim of tax fraud after breach at third-party vendor
- Karmanos Cancer Center patient info at risk from lost flash drive
- Missing drives contained PHI on 950K Centene customers