Opponents assailed the commission's current mission, saying that resources instead should be put where they are most needed - to safeguard against cyberattacks by nation-states and modernize voting technology.
The office's coordinator, who currently reports to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, will move down the command chain, Bloomberg reported, citing two sources who wished to remain anonymous.
The course, found in a Russian forum, says it aims to teach would-be criminals "to become a professional in the world of carding," according to Digital Shadows, which studied the course.
The standard, which is not yet widely adopted by the federal government, including DHS, "would make it significantly harder for fraudsters and foreign governments to impersonate" agencies, Wyden wrote in a letter.
- No one wants to be FBI Director James Comey right now...
- White House cybersecurity policy? Anyone? Anyone?
- Stanford University employees victim of tax fraud after breach at third-party vendor
- Karmanos Cancer Center patient info at risk from lost flash drive
- Missing drives contained PHI on 950K Centene customers