- A partnership between Sysix International, a subsidiary of Sysix Solutions, and IXEurope will see IXEurope provide co-location facilities to Sysix's European customers, as well as offering them data centre support services. Sysix will also gain access to IXEurope's extensive blue-chip customer base.
- Unisys is selling off its media business to Atex Group, as part of a long-term plan for Unisys to focus on its core strategies. The deal is set to be finalised early in 2007, but is subject to various conditions.
- Nokia and Eastern Telecom have signed a contract for the deployment of a Next Generation Network (NGN) core as part of their network modernisation programme. This will involve updating Eastern Telecom's fixed network with a VOIP-capable NGN and fixed/broadband access system.
- BridgeHead Software has announced plans to expand into the Asia-Pacific region. It has a new regional HQ in Singapore and a regional office in Beijing, China. Tony Cotterill, CEO of BridgeHead Software, said: "We are increasing our investment to have a complete go-to-market team in place in Asia-Pacific."
- A10 Networks has signed up its first European channel partner, Sigma Technology, marking the expansion of the company into EMEA. The unison will allow Sigma Technology to provide its customers with A10 Networks' IDsentrie network identity-management appliance.
- Unisys and Wipro have formed a global alliance to strengthen their position on the managed services market. Wipro will work alongside Unisys to provide deskside and hardware support, as well as offer multi-lingual desk services, while Unisys will become a subcontractor to Wipro for a Fortune-500 company.