Cedilla Systems, a leading UK Microsoft Dynamics NAV partner, is to be acquired by Watermark, a Qurius NV company. Watermark merged with Qurius in December 2006 to form the largest Microsoft Dynamics partner in Europe. Cedilla is based in Greater Manchester and had an annual turnover of £2.7 million in 2006. Mike Dickson, managing director of Cedilla, said: "This announcement is great news for Cedilla; it will enable us to provide a broader range of Microsoft solutions and services to our customers."
The acquisition is expected to be completed in June.
- AVG UK, an anti-virus solutions company and business partner of Grisoft, has signed a three-year contract with the Spyker Formula One team. AVG UK will supply the team with its network security software Internet Security Network Edition. It will be deployed on all 350 PCs and workstations at Spyker's UK base in Silverstone, Northamptonshire.
- Leading software publisher Scalable Software has launched its operations in the UK, as part of plans to expand its position in EMEA. The president of Scalable, Mark Cresswell, will lead the new senior management team.
- PGP Corporation has selected DVV Solutions as a Certified Solution Partner. DVV Solutions will provide PGP's customers with advanced security solutions, support, training and consulting services around the PGP Encryption Platform. DVV is an EMEA-wide enterprise security solutions provider and is based in Stockport.
- Spam-filtering software company SPAMfighter is using Akamai Technologies' Electronic Software Delivery to expand its global reach and online customer support services. The company, based in Denmark, chose Akamai for its website delivery and localisation and software downloads. As part of the deal, SPAMfighter will also use the Dynamic Site Delivery and Geotargeting solutions.
- The acquisition of client-side technology file management company Red Swoosh by Akamai Technologies has been completed in a £7.5 million deal. The Red Swoosh team will be integrated into Akamai's existing engineering team in California.