Click here to register for this free event.
Date: Wednesday, September 30
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT
*Can't attend live? Register to receive a link to the recorded webcast.
The new HITECH Act has many health care organizations struggling to figure out what they need to do to meet the new rules for security and privacy safeguards. The Ponemon Institute recently conducted a study of health care IT professionals in order to understand how prepared they are to meet these new rules. They found that many IT professionals are skeptical about how compliance with HIPAA and HITECH will affect the security of health information.
Join us for an hour-long webcast covering the recent survey by the Ponemon Institute, The Security of Electronic Health Information. This webcast will include important findings from the recent survey by The Ponemon Institute, as well as current best practices to secure health care data.
In this webcast, participants will learn:
- The impact of compliance on the security of electronic health information
- What are the most common health care information security risks
- What steps organizations are taking to secure health information and their effectiveness
- Which database applications cause the most risk to health information
- How electronic health information is being used in organizations
- What is the average cost of a data breach when health care information is compromised
Larry Ponemon, chairman and founder, CIPP, Ponemon Institute
Dominique Levin, vice president, marketing and strategy, LogLogic
LogLogic (www.loglogic.com) is the leader in log management, compliance management and security management solutions designed to improve accountability and lower costs for organizations of all sizes. LogLogic's unique open log management platform enables customers to collect, search and store 100 percent of IT log data for a comprehensive fingerprint of past and current activity across any organization. Powered by the industry's leading open log management platform, LogLogic's business applications correlate user activities and event data in real-time for a unique integrated approach to security event management, database security management and compliance management with industry and government regulations.