Earn up to 4.5 CPE credits by attending this virtual conference.
The pandemic-prompted rush to the cloud has made many organizations more technologically nimble but has also increased their attack surfaces. Cybersecurity leaders are being tasked with correcting many known problems along the way — like fixing the proverbial airplane midflight. But “cyber leader as mid-air technician” is not a sustainable model.
IT security leaders need a seat in the cockpit so they can better assess compliance, security, privacy, and cloud-migration risks. This enables cybersecurity executives to create, or update, a cloud security migration plan that best incorporates flexibility, scalability and automation to ensure their organization is on the right path.
Attend SC Media’s Secure Cloud Migration eSummit, a one-day virtual event on September 14, where industry leaders will share their insights and experiences on cloud migration security strategies. Topics covered will include:
- Enforcing consistent security and policy compliance with cloud solutions
- Improving security and user experiences across mobile and digital channels
- Leveraging cloud applications to balance risk management with business objectives and customer experiences
Ensure your cloud migration efforts are on the right flight path, supported by an effective and adaptive cloud security strategy. Register now.
10:45 AM ET
11:00 AM ET
KEYNOTE | Security as code: The only way to protect your business in the cloud
James Kaplan, Partner, McKinsey & Company
Almost all vulnerabilities and breaches in the cloud stem from misconfiguration, because it’s almost impossible for developers or infrastructure managers to set up secure cloud environments manually in a consistent way. Security as code — in which policies drive secure configuration programmatically — is the only way to protect your business in the cloud.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How security as code works
- What architectural, operational and organizational changes you’ll need to make to get there
11:40 AM ET
Why your cloud needs de-identification
Akshay Kumar, Senior Product Analyst, PKWARE
Cloud data storage provides organizations with affordable, easily managed options for keeping and maintaining expanding data stores as their business grows, increasing not only productivity but also resiliency, service continuity and business agility. Data from various structured and unstructured on-premises repositories are migrated to cloud storage platforms daily. These migrations can help businesses leverage leading IaaS, disaster relief, and remote workstations. But such large-scale movement can incur risk of exposure for sensitive data.
During this session, cloud data expert Akshay Kumar discusses how organizations can migrate data to the cloud safely. Attendees will learn more about:
- Quickly and accurately identifying sensitive PII both on-premises and in the cloud
- Using de-identification to anonymize PII wherever it is stored and found
- Audit reporting on all performed actions from extraction to storage
12:20 PM ET
Secure any application on the cloud
Brian Schwarz, Director of Product Marketing for Application Security, Fortinet
You need the cloud to rapidly deliver the line of business capabilities your organization needs. The right multi-cloud security solution doesn’t add friction, it removes it and helps you drive your business forward. Join us to learn how Fortinet’s Adaptive Cloud Security can accelerate your journey to the cloud and deliver the capabilities your business needs to succeed, on whatever cloud best meets your needs.
1:00 PM ET
Security optimization in the cloud
Jose Barajas, Technical Director, AttackIQ
With incident response as the new normal, ensuring that our systems and processes support that effort and threat hunting are working as expected is imperative. We will discuss why and how to establish a security optimization program within your organization. Specifically, how such a program evolves beyond Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) and provides teams a continuous feedback loop to understand their posture and identify gaps as they arise. Security Stack Mappings you can start taking advantage of to protect your cloud environment will be shared.
1:40 PM ET
Cloud is the new frontier: How to avoid the security turbulence and fly high
Nemi George, VP/CISO, Pacific Dental Services
Dr. Saumitra Das, CTO Founder, Blue Hexagon
The fast-paced cloud migration, prompted by the pandemic, has created challenges for security leaders to maintain visibility, compliance and threat defense capabilities with the ever expanding IT real estate. Multicloud migration has further exacerbated the complexity, with each cloud having their own jargon, services, naming and subtle architectural differences.
In this session, we will:
- Present key tenets for cloud security that can help your security team keep up with the dynamics and scale of the cloud, even when you are inundated by changes from developers
- Discuss how security can be injected into the build-ship-run cloud lifecycle with automated guardrails to maintain visibility, compliance and threat detection, despite multicloud complexity
- Provide a guide for your cloud security defenses to maximize coverage based on the MITRE ATT&CK framework
2:20 PM ET
And the clouds break: Continuity in the 21st century
J. Wolfgang Goerlich, Advisory CISO, Duo Security
The promise of cloud computing was a utility; always up, always on, just a click away. But we’ve seen many outages. It’s clearly time to blow the dust off the continuity handbook and revisit recovery for the twenty-first century.
Join Duo Security Advisory CISO Wolfgang Goerlich for an overview of business impact analysis, business continuity, disaster recovery, and revisiting these concepts in the day and age of utility computing and cloud services. After all, the cloud breaks — so what do you do when it does?
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Establish continuity and recovery with cloud services
- Avoid common mistakes that can stop clouds in their tracks
- Contextualize continuity within the business mission and objectives
- Gain executive buy-in and support using continuity and recovery programs
3:00 PM ET
Enhance your public, private and hybrid cloud security posture
Tim Woods, VP – Technology Alliances, FireMon
Lisa Wallace, Sales Engineer, FireMon
As the cloud becomes foggier and even edge environments begin to resemble traditional cloud, it becomes increasingly more difficult to reduce an organization’s risk. As data is strewn to various geographic locales, the role of security also becomes one of compliance.
How can you best protect your company’s critical data? How can you gain visibility into the traffic flow? How can you protect your data that’s spread across hybrid clouds? And how can you achieve compliance in distributed environments? During this event, you’ll gain answers to these questions and more:
- Learn about innovative hybrid cloud security and data protection solutions that make your IT environment more efficient, scalable, secure and highly available
- Find out how leading companies are using new technology to solve their IT challenges
- Watch live demos of these solutions in action
- Get answers to all your questions from expert presenters
Find out how to improve your security posture and achieve better data compliance outcomes even as data begins to exist in ever more locations.
3:30 PM ET
Reducing the risk of ransomware before you begin your migration to the cloud
David D’Aprile, VP of Product Marketing, Onapsis
Over the last few months, everywhere you turn, there’s another story about debilitating ransomware attacks on business-critical systems. The traditional lens through which we view ransomware attacks is no longer as effective as it used to be. And while the benefits of moving SAP systems to the cloud are numerous, the migration process is a massive undertaking and frequently means giving up control and visibility into infrastructure security, operations and maintenance.
Attend this session to learn how to best protect your most critical SAP systems from the looming threat of ransomware before you begin your migraion to the cloud. Attendees will gain a better understanding of:
- Business-critical security considerations for the enterprise
- How one application misconfiguration or vulnerability could put an entire enterprise at risk
- The best way to address security and compliance in an interconnected environment
4:20 PM ET
KEYNOTE | Monster endeavors: Legendary Entertainment’s cloud journey
Dan Meacham, VP of Global Security at Legendary Entertainment; and winner of SC Media’s 2021 SCO of the Year
From a startup film production company built on private equity funds to the multi-billion-dollar operation behind this year’s Godzilla vs. Kong and the soon to be released Dune, Legendary Entertainment saw rapid expansion, combined with a series of mega studio collaborations, drive big demands for tech transformation during the last decade. Hear from Dan Meacham, Legendary’s vice president of global security and corporate operations, as he shares the critical role of cloud in enabling fast and secure shifts in operations.