Malwarebytes researchers spotted a large malvertising campaign delivering the RIG exploit kit on popular sites including answers(dot)com.
For the second time this month The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) has introduced new standards including mandatory security requirements for its customers.
Avast researchers examined some of the marketing tactics used by Janus Cybercrime Solution, the cybergang behind the Petya and Mischa
OpenSSL Project released a critical patch for a new flaw created as a result of a recent update to the cryptography library.
Two recent reports warn of the dangers of over-reliance on perimeter security as an enterprise defense method.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
An internet hosting company has been the subject of a distributed denial of service attacks the likes of which the world has never seen
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks