Researchers at Kaspersky Lab said the first trojan banker, published by "Governo Federal," was predictable.
Credentials, entered through password management software and a Nexus authentication tool, are the target of this new variant.
An advisory was issued on Wednesday regarding a denial-of-service vulnerability in Drupal 7 and a session hijacking flaw in Drupal 6 and 7.
Panelists at the closing keynote at SC Congress 2014 in Chicago urged attendees to work with the FBI to unravel breaches.
The USA Freedom Act, aimed at NSA surveillance reform, failed to pick up enough votes to avoid a Republican filibuster.
Data Breach Blog
It's easy to get hung up on discussions around chip-and-pin, malware and network segmentation, and in the process lose sight of the broader trends that underlie many breaches.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Fake Dropbox login page nabs credentials, is hosted on Dropbox
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Citadel variant targets master passwords, authentication solutions
- USPS draws ire of Congress over data breach response
- Buffer overflow vulnerabilities identified in Hikvision DVR devices
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products