British law enforcement arrested 56 people, including a man accused of hacking the U.S. Department of Defense, this past week in operations targeting alleged cybercrime perpetrators.
Privacy officers and CISOs must work closely together to ensure privacy at financial institutions, an IAPP Privacy Summit panel said.
Google general counsel Kent Walker said Google tries to put control of privacy in user's hands.
Prosecutors say the defendants were behind one of the largest reported data breaches in U.S. history.
FEATURED: Email Security
Hillary Clinton used a private email account during her tenure as secretary of state.
Data Breach Blog
Technological innovation is now increasingly consumer led forcing organizations to adopt faster to serve them or it diffuses into the work environment leaving the traditional IT to play catch-up.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Financial cybercrime landscape changing, experts say
- Google counsel talks privacy, innovation
- Indictment reveals theft of one billion email addresses from ESPs, three charged
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones