Wendy's found malware on the systems at some restaurants under investigation after unusual activity was reported on customers' payment card accounts.
Symantec yesterday warned online gamers of new Windows-based malware schemes victimizing fans of the strategy card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.
The creators of the DMA Locker ransomware released an updated version that now includes several improvements.
Google issued a Chrome update to address Windows, Mac, and Linux vulnerabilities that would allow attackers to take control of affected systems.
Though dubbed the most successful malware in history Cryptowall can be stopped
Data Breach Blog
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
The Threat Hunter Blog
This time we'll start a two-parter on fast flux bot nets including the concept of domain generation algorithms.
Gina Chapman, senior director of security operations, Center for Internet Security
Threat of the month: Man-in-the-middle attack
Debate: Cybersecurity information sharing allows network defenders to stay ahead of adversaries.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Hearthstone gamers who download cheats may be cursed with malware
- Cryptowall has been a cash bonanza for criminals, failure for cops
- IRS hackers try to use stolen SSNs to generate E-file PINs
- Report: Pros urged to roll out IT projects before they are security-ready
- Security issues plague web dating software