Researchers at Kaspersky Lab said the first trojan banker, published by "Governo Federal," was predictable.
Credentials, entered through password management software and a Nexus authentication tool, are the target of this new variant.
Panelists at the closing keynote at SC Congress 2014 in Chicago urged attendees to work with the FBI to unravel breaches.
Three buffer overflow vulnerabilities identified in Hikvision digital video recorder devices can, if exploited, enable a remote attacker to gain full control of the device.
FOCUS: Data Breaches
Members of the USPS testified before a House subcommittee Wednesday, drawing criticism over the delay in its breach notification to impacted employees.
Data Breach Blog
The Internet of Things requires a new way of thinking and acting, one that will protect a business and help it grow.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Citadel variant targets master passwords, authentication solutions
- USPS draws ire of Congress over data breach response
- Buffer overflow vulnerabilities identified in Hikvision DVR devices
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet