GoPro Studio sends update requests and receives updates over unencrypted connections leaving users vulnerable to attack.
The attacks reportedly date back a year, and happened as recently as Tuesday morning.
The acquisition is expected to close in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2016.
In the survey, 50 percent of respondents said they are very concerned about the security of customer data in the public cloud.
Data Breach Blog
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- Study: Organizations taking months to remediate vulnerabilities
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct