Source code for the keylogger, called QWERTY, was published in Snowden documents.
The 2015 Vormetric Insider Threat Report found that a large majority of U.S. companies believe they are vulnerable to insider threats.
The Internet Crime Compliant Center issued a warning on Thursday about a new scam that might be rooted in an initial ransomware infection.
Focus: Mobile Security
The app is no longer available from the Google Play store, but prior to being removed it had been installed between 50,000 and 100,000 times.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Insider threats changing security spending, report says
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Size and frequency of DDoS attacks increasing, annual report shows
- Former California pharmacist employee accessed data without business or treatment purpose