While the information stored in internet of thing (IoT) devices is still valuable, researchers spotted an increase in attacks targeting IoT devices.
Even though biometric readers have not been rolled out on ATM's, cybercriminals have already developed tools to steal a person's fingerprint and other biological data.
Eleven cities are organizing local legislation intended to make the procurement and use of surveillance technologies by local police departments more transparent.
One of the techniques malware can use to evade researchers' virtualized or sandbox environments is accessing recent documents to determine if the infected machine has a history of legitimate usage.
While it might not include the Death Star cyber warfare among the stars is almost inevitable.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
On the cusp of a $4.8 billion acquisition by Verizon, Yahoo today disclosed a data breach in which a state-sponsored actor is believed to have stolen a copy of data linked to at least 500 million accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The security threat from the Internet of Things (IoT) has grown real because far too many of those sneaky IoT devices fly in under the radar. Corporate maintenance, facilities and operations departments are not accustomed to requesting IT's signoff on purchasing light bulbs or door locks. And yet, when those devices have their own independent - or dependent - communications capabilities, they are an easy backdoor for cyberthieves.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace