The worm has gained traction through spam text messages that promise users an Amazon giftcard.
FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez says the agency will continue to ramp up its expertise to protect consumer privacy.
The hotel investment and management group said it is conducting an investigation to identify and resolve the issue.
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA) wrote a letter to Congress earlier this week in response to the recently proposed Personal Data Notification & Protection Act.
FEATURED: Email Security
Hillary Clinton used a private email account during her tenure as secretary of state.
Data Breach Blog
Technological innovation is now increasingly consumer led forcing organizations to adopt faster to serve them or it diffuses into the work environment leaving the traditional IT to play catch-up.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones
- Ramirez: FTC focus on data security, fraud, cross device tracking
- Greenwald says Snowden invoked changes toward privacy
- Playing defense in ranks: Cybersecurity reimagined