In Q4 2014, Akamai observed an even busier season for attackers than expected.
High-Tech Bridge is referring to the threat as 'RansomWeb' because it involves encrypting databases and holding websites for ransom.
The Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit first noticed the ZeroAccess botnet reactivating from March 21, 2014, to July 2, 2014.
These two areas of the security space are should to bring in some interesting changes in the new year.
This week, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) expounded on previous comments surrounding the inherent risk in the Internet of Things (IoT) by releasing a detailed report. Here's a look at the top stories.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Consider the main learning points from this event and count yourself lucky that you can learn at Sony Picture Entertainment's massive expense.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history