The director of the FBI repeated his "encryption thwarts law enforcement" mantra before a Senate committee as a pair of Congressmen introduced legislation designed to effectively ban state and local governments from mandating decryption.
Third-party app stores for Android phones have become a breeding ground for dangerous malware capable of rooting victims' devices, delivering malicious ads and collecting user data, warned security firm Trend Micro.
Malicious attachments and links, ShellShock and Denial of Service (DOS) attacks were the top three cyber threats facing the financial sector, which suffered having 20 million records breached last year, according to a new study released by IBM.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved Beth Cobert as nominee for director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Of the more than 1,100 students affected by a breach at a Montana high school nearly 200 are alumni and at least two are deceased.
Data Breach Blog
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
Though dubbed the most successful malware in history Cryptowall can be stopped
The Threat Hunter Blog
This time we'll start a two-parter on fast flux bot nets including the concept of domain generation algorithms.
Gina Chapman, senior director of security operations, Center for Internet Security
Threat of the month: Man-in-the-middle attack
Debate: Cybersecurity information sharing allows network defenders to stay ahead of adversaries.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- ENCRYPT Act, Comey testimony show stark differences toward encryption
- Third-party app stores riddled with malicious apps, Trend Micro warns
- IBM: Phishing scams a major cause of bank breaches
- Panel approves Cobert as nominee for OPM director
- F-Secure: New malvertising campaign delivers ransomware via Skype, browsers