Government demands for back doors cryptography are ratcheting up discord with cryptographers, according to RSA panelists.
At RSA Conference in San Francisco, Intel Security Group SVP and General Manager Christopher Young challenged the industry to write its own Moneyball story.
The threat landscape has changed and we have to constantly challenge the existing thinking to get ahead of our adversaries RSA President Amit Yoran told delegates on Tuesday.
Apple "rootpipe" vulnerability was supposedly patched in the company's most recent release, but a security researcher says differently.
FEATURED: Cyber Security
As companies increasingly integrate Open Source Software (OSS) into their business IT environments, they appear to be faltering in monitoring the software for vulnerabilities and creating official policies and procedures.
Data Breach Blog
You likely have a list of criteria to check through during the hiring process of a vendor, but if you haven't added cybersecurity standards to that list, you should.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Cyber attacks to rise, but competent security talent scarce, study says
- APT group detects threat monitoring and backs away in documented first
- Cybersecurity bills move forward on Capitol Hill
- Study: Average organization has 4,000 instances of exposed credentials stored in the cloud
- Banking industry security protocol falters in third-party vendor contracts
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- RSA 2015: Intel SVP looks to Moneyball story to inspire offensive strategies
- RSA 2015: Change - its a mindset, not a technology problem
- RSA 2015: DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson says agency will open Silicon Valley office
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring