A new Zeus trojan variant is targeting a number of banks in Canada, including Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank of Canada, and National Bank of Canada.
Security firm Symantec found a backdoor, called Winnti, on a computer also infected with Skeleton Key.
The Federal Trade Commission has prohibited a revenge porn site operator from sharing nude photos, using deceptive tactics and revealing personal information.
These two areas of the security space are should to bring in some interesting changes in the new year.
Testimony in House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade hearing aimed at shaping national data breach notification law.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Many states have laws today that require corporations and government agencies to notify consumers in the event of a breach - but it is not enough.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CTB-Locker ransomware variant being distributed in spam campaign
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Proposed CFAA revisions agitate IT security community
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- Winnti trojan may help set stage for Skeleton Key attacks, analysts say
- FTC settles with revenge porn site operator
- Upatre, Dyre used in Univ. of Florida attack
- Wisconsin chiropractic clinic notifies 3,000 patients of insider breach