The infamous hacker Guccifer, who claims to have infiltrated Hillary Clinton's email servers while she was Secretary of State, will reportedly plead guilty today to at least one of the federal charges for which he was extradited to the U.S.
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) is planning to introduce a federal revenge porn bill in late June that would outlaw non-consensual pornography on a national level, a source told SCMagazine.com.
Researchers at Switzerland's CERT found malware on the network of defense contractor Ruag bearing similarities to malware used by Turla APT, a Russian cyberespionage group.
Cyber criminals made off with the equivalent of $2 million in Bitcoin and Ethere from Gatecoin.
Nearly three quarters (74 percent) of European employees have no concerns about security issues when using a mobile phone owned by their company. Highlighting a significant level of confidence in workplace mobile security strategies, the figure stands at 75 percent for employees at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Data Breach Blog
Information on patients in New Mexico's San Juan County DWI treatment program may have been compromised.
More than 4,000 patients of the Children's National Health System received notices of a data breach following a former vendor disclosing patient health information on an FTP site viewable on the web.
The San Mateo Foster City School District (SMFCSD) reported that personal information of active employees was compromised.
GCHQ's infosec unit CESG was credited with the discovery of two vulnerabilities that were patched by Apple last week.
SC Congress Atlanta Slideshow
A photo montage of the inaugural SC Congress Atlanta held on May 17.
Click on the image or here to see the show.
May 2016 Product Reviews
Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
The Threat Hunter Blog
We've been examining some of the newer - or, at least, most currently prevalent - strains of ransomware. This time we look at Locky.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 75% of European SMEs staff confident in their company mobile security
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Bad guys jump ship to CryptXXX after TeslaCrypt authors release decryption key
- Variant of Cerber ransomware features bot capabilities that could launch DDoS attacks
- GCHQ infosec group disclosed kernel privilege exploit to Apple