After meeting with U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, Chinese officials put a hold on restrictions that would require tech companies to provide code and comply with audits.
IBM will investing $3 billion over the next four years to establish a new Internet of Things (IoT) business unit along with a cloud-based platform to help build IoT solutions.
Symantec researchers wrote in a Monday blog post that the malware is being used to target energy sector companies, primarily in the Middle East.
In a recent survey, most, but not all, security professionals said they'd refuse to negotiate with cybercriminals.
FEATURED: Cyber Threats
An unauthorized third party generated suspicious activity on some Executive Club and Registered Customer accounts.
Data Breach Blog
The saying "better safe than sorry" rings true when it comes to data security.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- IBM will invest $3 billion in new IoT unit
- Infostealer Laziok targets energy companies
- 30 percent of practitioners say they would pay cyber extortionists to retrieve their data
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down