High-Tech Bridge released several security advisories over the last week that cover issues found within ITIL ITSM open source software and several popular web applications.
A proposed bill in front of Utah lawmakers would make doxing a crime that carries a six-month prison sentence to it, but may run afoul free speech laws.
President Obama's Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP) includes a significant dollar commitment in the fiscal 2017 budget and the creation of a Cybersecurity Commission and a Privacy Council established under two Executive Orders
Adobe's February 2016 Patch Tuesday includes 32 fixes for various versions of Photoshop and Bridge, Flash Player, Experience Manager and Connect—many of which secure critical vulnerabilities.
The National Security Agency unveiled an ambitious reorganization that pulls together the agency's offensive and defensive operations.
Data Breach Blog
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
The Threat Hunter Blog
This time we'll start a two-parter on fast flux bot nets including the concept of domain generation algorithms.
Gina Chapman, senior director of security operations, Center for Internet Security
Threat of the month: Man-in-the-middle attack
Debate: Cybersecurity information sharing allows network defenders to stay ahead of adversaries.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Security issues plague web dating software
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities