GFI Software and Opinion Matters found that employees used company devices for activities not related to work and had no qualms about stealing company intellectual property after they leave.
Security firm Zimperium detected attacks in the wild over the past six to eight months.
The director of the NSA stated that China, as well as "one or two" other countries, is capable of launching cyberattacks to shut down electric grids and other critical infrastructure in parts of the U.S.
Julian Assange remains holed up in Ecuador's U.K. embassy after a court refused to rescind a warrant for Assange's arrest, which could ultimately result in his extradition to the U.S.
FOCUS: Data Breaches
Members of the USPS testified before a House subcommittee Wednesday, drawing criticism over the delay in its breach notification to impacted employees.
Data Breach Blog
The Internet of Things requires a new way of thinking and acting, one that will protect a business and help it grow.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context