Jacob Mahonri Espinal hacked into his school's computer system to bring his grades up from academic probation status to straight As.
Two telemarketing operations conned thousands of customers by tricking them into buying into tech support services for computer problems that didn't exist.
Earlier this month, it was revealed that DOJ uses "dirtboxes" attached to aircrafts to spy on Americans' mobile devices.
The EFF, Amnesty International and other organizations are lending support to Detekt, an open source spyware detection tool.
FOCUS: Data Breaches
Members of the USPS testified before a House subcommittee Wednesday, drawing criticism over the delay in its breach notification to impacted employees.
Data Breach Blog
The Internet of Things requires a new way of thinking and acting, one that will protect a business and help it grow.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Citadel variant targets master passwords, authentication solutions
- USPS draws ire of Congress over data breach response
- Buffer overflow vulnerabilities identified in Hikvision DVR devices
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet