After indicating that it would not take action against China for a pair of breaches at the Office of Personnel Management, the Obama administration is reportedly considering responding.
Remote Access Trojans (RATs) proliferate through YouTube tutorials and hacker forums, a new report from Digital Citizens Alliance suggested.
Tor Project and Library Freedom Project aim to help library patrons and staff protect their right to digital free expression by creating Tor exit nodes in libraries.
In the first half of 2015, Cisco found that increasingly innovative threat actors are becoming faster at attacking, quicker at adapting, and better at evading detection.
Featured: Data Breach
French broadcaster TV5Monde is still without Internet and other key IT functions three months after a nation-state hacker took control of its TV channels and hijacked social media accounts. Meanwhile, the data breach costs are mounting up.
Data Breach Blog
Me and my job
CSOs: We'd like to profile one of your IT team members
This section gives you an opportunity to call out one of your star team members, whose picture and responses would appear in SC Magazine.
Click here for more information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?