Securonix named former U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Vice Admiral Mike McConnell to the company's board of advisors.
The feared Dyre banking Trojan has been almost killed off, following a reported raid by the Russian authorities on a Moscow film distribution company last November.
Managed DNS services provider Infoblox acquired privately-owned threat intelligence firm IID for $45 million.
A hacker threatened to release information on 20,000 FBI employees and 9,000 who work for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Kaspersky Lab revealed that cybercrime organizations are increasingly stealing funds from banks by employing many of same Advanced Persistent Threat tools and tactics that previously were only attributable to nation-states.
Data Breach Blog
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
Palo Alto Networks researchers have spotted a new, more complex backdoor trojan that is targeting Skype users and which can identify and evade the security software found on the victim's computer.
The Threat Hunter Blog
Well, after a bit of travel that slowed me down, we're ready to wrap up our introduction to STIX. We ended last time on a high level overview of the APT1 campaign as presented by Mandiant/FireEye. That top level looked a bit like Figure 1:
Gina Chapman, senior director of security operations, Center for Internet Security
Threat of the month: Man-in-the-middle attack
Debate: Cybersecurity information sharing allows network defenders to stay ahead of adversaries.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- TaxAct breached: Customer banking and Social Security information compromised
- Dyre Trojan almost dead after 'takedown' by the Russians
- Hacker threatens to expose info on DHS, FBI employees
- Avast patches its web browser after Google finds flaw in Chromium-inspired product
- Draft bill seeks to improve U.S. military cyber warfare capabilities
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan