Updated! News reports yesterday that the New York Times and other news organizations were attacked by hackers should not only come as no surprise, but industry insiders believe news organizations should prepare to be struck again in the future.
Intel and Kaspersky researchers developed a free decryption tool for victims of the Wildfire variant of ransomware.
Security professionals are increasingly concerned by cybersecurity risks that arise as a result of mergers and acquisitions transactions, particularly the use of cyberespionage to gain information on the competition.
The personal website of Saturday Night Live comedian and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones was taken offline after hackers vandalized the site.
Researchers have found the first known Android mobile malware to use a Twitter account, rather than a traditional command-and-control server, to control infected devices.
Updated! Multiple phishing campaigns that play off consumers' fear of having their financial information being hacked are hitting customers of United Services Automobile Association (USAA).
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
Black Hat 2016
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet