A breach at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.(DCCC) appears to have been done by the same hackers behind the DNC intrusions.
Nexusguard researchers noticed an 83 percent uptick in DDoS attacks in Q2 2016 compared to Q1.
Researchers at Rapid7 detected nine vulnerabilities in the Osram LIGHTIFY line of smart lighting.
A bug impacting all versions of open source Xen hybervisor that could allow an attacker to gain host privileges has been reported.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Utah and the ACLU have taken to the courts to challenge the DEA's warrantless access of private prescription records from the Utah Controlled Substance Database.
The first five months of 2016 were dominated by malicious email campaigns, the quick emergence of new ransomware variants, one of the largest botnets in the world went dark, and the Angler exploit kit (EK) went silent
The Threat Hunter Blog
Well, it's been quite an eventful time since last I posted. I have so much in the works that it is hard to tell where to begin. It seems that we are seeing new flavors of ransomware every week and botnets seem to come and go with a frequency we've not seen in a while. This week, though, I promised Dridex, so Dridex it is.
July 2016 Product Reviews
First-rate product for mobile application management (MAM), easy on users in a BYOD environment.
This is a real powerhouse, but best for organizations with an IT force experienced in enterprise-level mobile device management.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild