Nearly three-quarters of businesses have end-of-support devices operating in their networks, and the consequences could prove dire, a new study found.
Edward Majerczyk on September 27 pleaded guilty in a Chicago court to one count of unauthorized access to a protected computer to obtain information bringing to a close a case dubbed Celebgate.
The Android.Lockerscreen ransomware is now using pseudorandom numbers and other tactics to prevent victims from unlocking devices without paying.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation launched an investigation into hacked mobile phones of Democratic Party officials.
Tesla has releases a major firmware update in response to a video posted by a group of Chinese researchers that displayed a series of vulnerabilities the electric car company's vehicles.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
An internet hosting company has been the subject of a distributed denial of service attacks the likes of which the world has never seen
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials
- 70% of IDTMs want UK gov to do more so young people enter tech field
- 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data