Though dubbed the most successful malware in history Cryptowall can be stopped
The Internal Revenue Service pinned a recent attempt to infiltrate its systems on malfeasants using a bot and Social Security numbers stolen from other sources but said the attackers didn't compromise or expose personal information of taxpayers.
IT security professionals report that they are regularly pressured to roll out new technologies and devices regardless of whether they are secure, according to a new survey.
High-Tech Bridge released several security advisories over the last week that cover issues found within ITIL ITSM open source software and several popular web applications.
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) announced yesterday that employees at two state agencies committed a HIPAA violation by improperly exchanging private data pertaining to its Apple Health Medicaid clients.
Data Breach Blog
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
The Threat Hunter Blog
This time we'll start a two-parter on fast flux bot nets including the concept of domain generation algorithms.
Gina Chapman, senior director of security operations, Center for Internet Security
Threat of the month: Man-in-the-middle attack
Debate: Cybersecurity information sharing allows network defenders to stay ahead of adversaries.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Cryptowall has been a cash bonanza for criminals, failure for cops
- IRS hackers try to use stolen SSNs to generate E-file PINs
- Report: Pros urged to roll out IT projects before they are security-ready
- Security issues plague web dating software
- Employees mishandle data, violate HIPAA in Washington State Medicaid breach