Experts at Symantec have come across a sophisticated cyber espionage tool that exhibits a rare complexity of features similar to past cyberespionage malware.
GFI Software and Opinion Matters found that employees used company devices for activities not related to work and had no qualms about stealing company intellectual property after they leave.
The director of the NSA stated that China, as well as "one or two" other countries, is capable of launching cyberattacks to shut down electric grids and other critical infrastructure in parts of the U.S.
Julian Assange remains holed up in Ecuador's U.K. embassy after a court refused to rescind a warrant for Assange's arrest, which could ultimately result in his extradition to the U.S.
FOCUS: Cyber Threats
Security firm Zimperium detected attacks in the wild over the past six to eight months.
Data Breach Blog
The primary challenge to secure payment card data is that too many involved see the PCI DSS as a panacea for every risk in the marketplace.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard