Sensitive data of California residents including, social security numbers, health records, and income tax information vulnerable
Virginia killer Vester Lee Flanagan II, a.k.a., Bryce Williams was tracked down Wednesday with the help of a license plate reader Wednesday, but larger issues surrounding security and individual freedom still worry privacy advocates.
Canadian researchers at Citizen Lab released a report today describing a phishing campaign being conducted against Iranian dissidents and how utilizing a two-factor authentication (2FA) tool helped foil most of the attacks.
Automakers are banding together to help guard against and mitigate a new breed of cyberattack targeting on-board computer systems.
Data Breach Blog
Emerging Products: Cloud Security, Part 2
In part two of our cloud security emerging products we see a little shift in product types. This time we see more emphasis on protecting the data. The bulk of these products and services address rather prosaic challenges in innovative ways. Click here.
Cyphort Labs's latest study on malvertising indicates a massive uptick with this form of attack has taken place over the last few years driven, in part, by the proliferation of zero-day and Angler kit exploits.
How you are securing your sensitive information should not be a guessing game
Much needs to be done to convince boardrooms of the importance of information security.
It's time for a dramatic reimagining of how companies approach security.
A single solution won't stop data theft, says ADP's Roland Cloutier.
Me and my job
Click here for more information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- DDoS attacks enter new frontier with Portmapper
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Sandbox violation in Apple's iOS affects MDM users, could enable breaches
- Outsourcing IT security continues to grow, study finds
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- Audit report finds sensitive data at risk for at least 73 Callif. agencies
- License plate reader helps spot Virginia killer, but privacy issues remain
- DD4BC are DDoS attack driving force, new report claims
- Researchers uncover possible Iranian-backed phishing scam
- After online report, Twitter user denies involvement in Ashley Madison hack