Scottrade is notifying approximately 4.6 million clients that illegal activity occurred on its network and personal information may have been compromised.
Federal authorities raided the offices of a digital currency firm accused of swindling investors out of more than $32 million.
Any users running Jetpack 3.7 or lower are at risk of having their WordPress website being completely taken over.
Ari Schwartz, senior director for cybersecurity, National Security Council, at the White House, stepped down this week, two years after becoming a trusted cyber adviser to the Obama administration.
Data Breach Blog
Emerging Products: Cloud Security, Part 2
In part two of our cloud security emerging products we see a little shift in product types. This time we see more emphasis on protecting the data. The bulk of these products and services address rather prosaic challenges in innovative ways. Click here.
FBI agents seized a child pornography website and then tracked users, one of whom they arrested on Staten Island earlier this month.
In the wake of the SYNful Knock attack on its routers, Cisco should re-engineer its devices to prevent future attacks, says Raimund Genes.
Can U.S. data protection laws protect privacy and preserve tech innovation and intellectual property?
The impact of Canada's anti-spam legislation for companies big and small.
Many organizations are also investing heavily to hire top-notch CISOs to fill the presumed leadership gap in security.
Me and my job
Click here for more information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- False Facebook 'dislike button' ensnares users
- Stored XSS vulnerability identified in Jetpack plugin for WordPress
- Experian, T-Mobile breach exposes 15 million customers, but what will happen to the data?
- Only a matter of time before cyber-attack hits broader finance
- Don't spend more, spend better: Interview with FireEye's Richard Turner
- Landmark European data protection judgement