Vulnerabilities in Signaling System 7 make it possible for anyone to listen in on phone calls and read text messages, even if encrypted.
According to reports, hackers were in the Sony Pictures network for months gathering passwords and the like before launching their attacks.
After a Secret Service-led investigation, Ugandan authorities arrested a 27-year-old American man for counterfeiting and conspiracy.
Focus: Cyber Threats
Neverquest, also known as Vawtrak, is data stealing malware that targets banking information.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response