Code leaked by the Shadow Brokers group has set off calls from security researchers and tech groups for a national conversation about vulnerability disclosure policy.
In a revision of its policies, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights has instructed its regional offices to place more of an emphasis on investigating smaller health-care data breaches that affect fewer than 500 individuals.
GTAGaming, a fan forum for the popular game "Grad Theft Auto," was hacked, compromising the data on nearly 200,000 users.
Multiple phishing campaigns that play off consumers' fear of having their financial information being hacked are hitting customers of United Services Automobile Association (USAA).
Spending big bucks is not always necessary for corporations to put a decent cybersecurity program in place.
A two-factor authentication (2FA) vulnerability affecting PayPal's login portal process has been patched.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
Black Hat 2016
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- The Shadow Brokers' NSA hack claim unlikely, say experts
- After the breach: Settlement expected for 50M Home Depot customers
- Don't get caught by the Pokemon Go ransomware
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- After NSA leaks, a renewed interest in vulnerability disclosure
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Saving money on security software by improving cyber posture, report
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen