President Barack Obama and his administration's stance on encryption was released this week after months of speculation and debate.
A published report states presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's private email server was probed by several hacking teams from China, Germany and South Korea after she stepped down as secretary of state in 2013.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) issued a warning yesterday to consumers stating that their newly-issued EMV, or chip, credit card is still vulnerable.
California passed landmark legislation on Thursday imposing new digital privacy protections and guidelines for warrants concerning data collection.
Data Breach Blog
Researchers at enSilo spotted malware dubbed "Moker" that can alter security measures and take complete control of a victim's computer.
In the wake of the SYNful Knock attack on its routers, Cisco should re-engineer its devices to prevent future attacks, says Raimund Genes.
Can U.S. data protection laws protect privacy and preserve tech innovation and intellectual property?
The impact of Canada's anti-spam legislation for companies big and small.
Many organizations are also investing heavily to hire top-notch CISOs to fill the presumed leadership gap in security.
Emerging Products: Cloud Security, Part 2
In part two of our cloud security emerging products we see a little shift in product types. This time we see more emphasis on protecting the data. The bulk of these products and services address rather prosaic challenges in innovative ways. Click here.
Me and my job
Click here for more information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- Backdoor in MS Outlook webmail raises security doubts
- Obama administration will not push for legislation requiring mandatory encryption
- Data Security in the 21st Century: Understanding what data to protect
- Consumers need to up password security: Darren Guccione of Keeper Security
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft
- Samsung Pay secure despite LoopPay breach, company says