Any users running Jetpack 3.7 or lower are at risk of having their WordPress website being completely taken over.
T-Mobile CEO John Legere pulled no punches expressing his disgust over a hack yesterday at its credit vendor Experian that compromised the personal information of about 15 million T-Mobile customers, and rightly so according to industry insiders who believe T-Mobile's image now may be badly tarnished through no fault of its own.
Ireland's Central Bank's deputy governor, Cyril Roux, has warned that it may only be a matter of time before a cyber-attack builds a problem that descends across the broader financial industry.
FireEye's EMEA president, Richard Turner discusses its new Advanced Threat Report
Scottrade is notifying approximately 4.6 million clients that illegal activity occurred on its network and personal information may have been compromised.
Federal authorities raided the offices of a digital currency firm accused of swindling investors out of more than $32 million.
Ari Schwartz, senior director for cybersecurity, National Security Council, at the White House, stepped down this week, two years after becoming a trusted cyber adviser to the Obama administration.
A new malware may be defending machines against attackers and may even be providing fixes for infections.
DATA BREACH BLOG
A laptop and EMG machine containing personal information were stolen from a Barrington Orthopedic Specialists transport vehicle.
Several individuals posed as health care professionals and used member information to submit false claims to Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ.
A phishing scheme allowed access to a computer at North Oldham High School on which a database of student information is stored.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- False Facebook 'dislike button' ensnares users
- Stored XSS vulnerability identified in Jetpack plugin for WordPress
- Experian, T-Mobile breach exposes 15 million customers, but what will happen to the data?
- Only a matter of time before cyber-attack hits broader finance
- Don't spend more, spend better: Interview with FireEye's Richard Turner
- Landmark European data protection judgement