A survey from Digital Guardian and Enterprise Strategy Group collected IT security professionals' thoughts on endpoint security solutions and the challenges they face when implementing them.
Electronic kiosks and ticketing systems are among the targets of a new type of point-of-sale threat known as "d4re|dev1|".
A backdoor referred to as CryptoPHP is being packaged with pirated Joomla, WordPress and Drupal themes and plugins and used for illegal search engine optimization.
A trio of third quarter reports from security firms reveal changes and complexities in the threat landscape.
Tax and donation information was revealed on hundreds of Canadians, some of them prominent.
A year after the massive breach at the retailer, authorities are keeping mum, but security pros say signs point to Ukrainian man.
An executive's system was reportedly infected by malware after he charged an e-cigarette purchased on eBay through his system's USB port.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is asking Congress to establish national data breach and notification standards for retailers.
DATA BREACH BLOG
Prince George's County Public School System in Maryland is notifying roughly 10,000 employees that their personal information may be at risk.
Boston-based Brigham and Women's Hospital is notifying roughly 1,000 patients that their personal information may have been on a laptop computer and cell phone stolen from a physician during an armed robbery.
Central Dermatology Center is notifying more than 76,000 patients that one of its servers had been compromised by malware for roughly two years, and their personal information may or may not have been accessed.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards