Sensitive data of California residents including, social security numbers, health records, and income tax information vulnerable
Virginia killer Vester Lee Flanagan II, a.k.a., Bryce Williams was tracked down Wednesday with the help of a license plate reader Wednesday, but larger issues surrounding security and individual freedom still worry privacy advocates.
Canadian researchers at Citizen Lab released a report today describing a phishing campaign being conducted against Iranian dissidents and how utilizing a two-factor authentication (2FA) tool helped foil most of the attacks.
After independent journalist Brian Krebs reported that a Twitter user may be connected to the Ashley Madison hack, the user has denied involvement.
In exchange for the use of the NSA's XKeyscore software, Germany's intelligence agency gives information on its targets to the U.S. agency.
Automakers are banding together to help guard against and mitigate a new breed of cyberattack targeting on-board computer systems.
Jing Zeng, a former Machine Zone exec was arrested on charges of stealing trade secrets while boarding a plane to China.
Microsoft's VP of Marketing for Windows and Devices, Yusuf Mehdi, gave his Twitter followers updates on the new OS earlier this week.
DATA BREACH BLOG
More than 7,500 patient families are being notified that a hard drive containing personal information has gone missing.
Attackers forced their way into Totally Promotional's systems and gained access to some customer payment card data and other information.
The University of Rhode Island learned of a breach involving the inappropriate collection and possible use of information related to email and Facebook accounts.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- DDoS attacks enter new frontier with Portmapper
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Audit report finds sensitive data at risk for at least 73 Callif. agencies
- License plate reader helps spot Virginia killer, but privacy issues remain
- DD4BC are DDoS attack driving force, new report claims
- Researchers uncover possible Iranian-backed phishing scam
- After online report, Twitter user denies involvement in Ashley Madison hack