The Louisiana man, Brian Johnson, was arrested Wednesday following his federal grand jury indictment last week.
On June 19, an intrusion was discovered on the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and Central Administration information technology networks.
According to an Akamai threat advisory, attackers leveraged an outdated routing protocol RIPv1 for their malicious aims.
Mobile malware jumped 6.4 percent from Q4 2015 to Q1 2015 with half of the malware being financially motivated, a G DATA study showed.
The Federal Trade Commission will share lessons learned from the 54 data security cases it has brought as part of its "Start With Security" program.
Vague language in a new Chinese security law has multinational tech firms concerned that China may use it to force them to build backdoors or provide encryption keys and source code.
Researchers have seen an uptick in TorrentLocker infections in the U.K. and Turkey.
MasterCard has announced that it will begin using facial recognition and other biometric measures to verify payments in an effort to replace passwords.
DATA BREACH BLOG
A software error at Trustmark Mutual Holding Company resulted in emails containing personal information being sent to the wrong insurance carrier clients.
An employee of a Meritus Medical Center vendor may have accessed patient information outside of their normal job duties.
Thousands of customers are being notified that malware on the Tactical Assault Gear website may have compromised their personal information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4, numerous bugs addressed