Symantec yesterday warned online gamers of new Windows-based malware schemes victimizing fans of the strategy card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.
Though dubbed the most successful malware in history Cryptowall can be stopped
The Internal Revenue Service pinned a recent attempt to infiltrate its systems on malfeasants using a bot and Social Security numbers stolen from other sources but said the attackers didn't compromise or expose personal information of taxpayers.
IT security professionals report that they are regularly pressured to roll out new technologies and devices regardless of whether they are secure, according to a new survey.
Wendy's found malware on the systems at some restaurants under investigation after unusual activity was reported on customers' payment card accounts.
The creators of the DMA Locker ransomware released an updated version that now includes several improvements.
Google issued a Chrome update to address Windows, Mac, and Linux vulnerabilities that would allow attackers to take control of affected systems.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration may not have gone so far as to call the software controliong the Google car human, but the agency did allow it can be viewed as the driver.
DATA BREACH BLOG
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Hearthstone gamers who download cheats may be cursed with malware
- Cryptowall has been a cash bonanza for criminals, failure for cops
- IRS hackers try to use stolen SSNs to generate E-file PINs
- Report: Pros urged to roll out IT projects before they are security-ready
- Security issues plague web dating software