Neverquest, also known as Vawtrak, is data stealing malware that targets banking information.
Phishing emails, a phishing kit and phony browser alerts are being used by the attacker to steal credentials and deliver a variant of the Zeus trojan.
Two major telecommunications companies are under fire from the FTC and FCC for their "cramming" practices.
Sony Pictures recently canceled the "The Interview" movie release, following hacker threats.
Malware infected Staples' point-of-sale systems at 115 of its 1,400 U.S. retail stores, mostly between Aug. 10 and Sept. 16.
An advisory is warning all users of GitHub for Windows and GitHub for Mac to update their clients as soon as possible.
Pointing out that North Korea had inflicted considerable damage in its Sony hack, President Obama said the U.S. would respond.
Individuals in Australia are being targeted with emails that claim to come from the State Debt and Recovery Office.
DATA BREACH BLOG
Virginia-based Union First Market Bank announced that a number of ATMs in the Richmond area fell victim to skimming and more than 3,000 of its debit cards were affected.
University of California, Berkeley is notifying roughly 1,600 individuals that their personal information may have been compromised in a data breach.
EMCOR Services Mesa Energy Systems is notifying an undisclosed number of individuals that their personal information was on a company laptop that was stolen.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Neverquest botnet furthers crimeware-as-a-service biz for fraudsters
- Solo attacker likely responsible for phishing campaign, delivering Zeus variant
- Telecommunications companies on the line with FTC, FCC for cramming schemes
- The 10 POS malware families this holiday season
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response