Following its own investigation, the Department of Justice issued new policies surround cell-site simulators, and in particular, 'stingrays.'
Heimdal Security reported an increase in malicious scripts infecting legitimate websites that then redirect the victim to the Neurtino exploit kit server that could potentially impact more than 400 million web users.
Blackmailers are seeking money in exchange for not releasing data, and scammers are offering services that supposedly remove Ashley Madison data.
The ACLU told the Justice Department that the LAPD's body camera policy falls short and does not meet the criteria to receive grant money.
Cisco released software updates to address a vulnerability that can lead to system instability or a denial-of-service condition.
An attacker compromised a privileged account on Mozilla's Bugzilla bug tracker tool and used the gleaned information to exploit a critical bug.
Former Tesla engineer faces federal charges for computer intrusion for allegedly hacking his manages email to leak employee data.
In a story seemingly straight out of a scfi novel, Kaspersky Labs implanted a 2mm sub-dermal microchip into the hand of one of its employees that can carry a plethora of personal data, and like all such devices, can be hacked.
DATA BREACH BLOG
An unauthorized individual may have gained access to a Hawaii First Federal Credit Union employee's email account, and could have compromised personal information.
A laptop computer belonging to a UCLA Health faculty member was stolen, and it contained personal information.
Malware was discovered on one of the front desk computers at the Brunswick Hotel & Tavern, and guest payment card information could be at risk.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence
- DARPA seeks to develop program that drastically improves DDoS defense
- DOJ issues new 'stingray' policies and begins requiring a warrant
- Outdated websites deliver TeslaCrypt via Neutrino Exploit Kit: Heimdal
- Scammers and schemers look to cash in on Ashley Madison breach
- ACLU asks DOJ to withhold funds for LAPD body cams
- A question of balance between security solutions and the people who use it