Hillary Clinton used a private email account during her tenure as secretary of state.
The worm has gained traction through spam text messages that promise users an Amazon giftcard.
FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez says the agency will continue to ramp up its expertise to protect consumer privacy.
Although legislation hasn't moved forward, there have been significant and heartening changes toward privacy, Glenn Greenwald said in a keynote address.
The smartphone was verified to be a legitimate device by major smartphone distributor Xiaomi.
Although the government wrote that its changed its National Security Letter policy, an unsealed court document alludes to a process not yet being in place.
Chrome 41 was promoted to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux on Tuesday.
The official Android app of the event contains some flaws that could allow spammers to easily scrape data belonging to conference attendees.
DATA BREACH BLOG
The New York-based bank is notifying an undisclosed number of customers that their personal information was on a laptop that was stolen from an employee.
A Piedmont Advantage Credit Union laptop containing personal information cannot be located.
Bulk Reef Supply is notifying an undisclosed number of customers that their personal data could be at risk.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones
- Ramirez: FTC focus on data security, fraud, cross device tracking
- Greenwald says Snowden invoked changes toward privacy
- Playing defense in ranks: Cybersecurity reimagined