President Obama's Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP) includes a significant dollar commitment in the fiscal 2017 budget and the creation of a Cybersecurity Commission and a Privacy Council established under two Executive Orders
The National Security Agency unveiled an ambitious reorganization that pulls together the agency's offensive and defensive operations.
The hacker responsible for breaching the Department of Justice's web portal has publicly posted stolen data corresponding to roughly 20,000 employees of the FBI and 9,000 from the Department of Homeland Security.
Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday contains 13 bulletins, six rated critical and all of which can allow remote code execution if exploited.
Adobe's February 2016 Patch Tuesday includes 32 fixes for various versions of Photoshop and Bridge, Flash Player, Experience Manager and Connect—many of which secure critical vulnerabilities.
Facebook users' news feeds are lighting up with a new scam, this one centered on Southwest Airlines supposedly giving away hundreds of free tickets and $5,000 in cash.
The AlienSpy remote access Trojan has evolved into a cross-platform backdoor that affects Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android operating systems.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
DATA BREACH BLOG
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) reported that someone gained unauthorized access to thousands of online customer accounts.
During an inventory of its IT assets, health insurer Centene discovered that six hard drives containing personal and health information on 950,000 customers had gone missing.
The University of Virginia (UVA) suffered a data breach that was initiated via a phishing scam that revealed the tax and banking data of some of the school's employees.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill draws fire from Parliamentary committee