Remote Access Trojans (RATs) proliferate through YouTube tutorials and hacker forums, a new report from Digital Citizens Alliance suggested.
Tor Project and Library Freedom Project aim to help library patrons and staff protect their right to digital free expression by creating Tor exit nodes in libraries.
In the first half of 2015, Cisco found that increasingly innovative threat actors are becoming faster at attacking, quicker at adapting, and better at evading detection.
Between BYOD and Microsoft's Wi-Fi Sense, soon there won't be such a thing as a private Wi-Fi network anymore.
After indicating that it would not take action against China for a pair of breaches at the Office of Personnel Management, the Obama administration is reportedly considering responding.
A secret NSA map was obtained by a news outlet shows the locations of "Victims of Chinese Cyber Espionage" targets based in the U.S.
With notable dark web marketplaces, including Darkode, being taken down recently, Europol announced the creation of a unique training course to prepare agents for this covert line of work.
A phishing campaign discovered by Proofpoint aims at U.K. and U.S. organisations.
DATA BREACH BLOG
PagerDuty detected an unauthorized intrusion by an attacker who gained access to customer information.
The personal information was on four unencrypted backup data tapes related to the Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center.
A Massachusetts General Hospital employee inadvertently sent an email containing personal information on 648 patients to the wrong email address.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?