GFI Software and Opinion Matters found that employees used company devices for activities not related to work and had no qualms about stealing company intellectual property after they leave.
Security firm Zimperium detected attacks in the wild over the past six to eight months.
Julian Assange remains holed up in Ecuador's U.K. embassy after a court refused to rescind a warrant for Assange's arrest, which could ultimately result in his extradition to the U.S.
A critical cross-site scripting vulnerability was addressed, which could enable an anonymous user to compromise a site.
The director of the NSA stated that China, as well as "one or two" other countries, is capable of launching cyberattacks to shut down electric grids and other critical infrastructure in parts of the U.S.
Jacob Mahonri Espinal hacked into his school's computer system to bring his grades up from academic probation status to straight As.
Two telemarketing operations conned thousands of customers by tricking them into buying into tech support services for computer problems that didn't exist.
Earlier this month, it was revealed that DOJ uses "dirtboxes" attached to aircrafts to spy on Americans' mobile devices.
DATA BREACH BLOG
Boston-based Brigham and Women's Hospital is notifying roughly 1,000 patients that their personal information may have been on a laptop computer and cell phone stolen from a physician during an armed robbery.
Central Dermatology Center is notifying more than 76,000 patients that one of its servers had been compromised by malware for roughly two years, and their personal information may or may not have been accessed.
Seattle Public Schools is notifying parents that personal information on as few as 8,000 special education students was improperly released.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context