Vulnerabilities in Signaling System 7 make it possible for anyone to listen in on phone calls and read text messages, even if encrypted.
Neverquest, also known as Vawtrak, is data stealing malware that targets banking information.
Phishing emails, a phishing kit and phony browser alerts are being used by the attacker to steal credentials and deliver a variant of the Zeus trojan.
Two major telecommunications companies are under fire from the FTC and FCC for their "cramming" practices.
According to reports, hackers were in the Sony Pictures network for months gathering passwords and the like before launching their attacks.
After a Secret Service-led investigation, Ugandan authorities arrested a 27-year-old American man for counterfeiting and conspiracy.
Access to the internet within North Korea has been undependable in the past 24 hours.
A nuclear plant operator in South Korea is initiating precautionary drills to fend off cyberattacks following a breach.
DATA BREACH BLOG
A password protected, unencrypted laptop was stolen from an employee's vehicle in October, affecting a reported 2,800 patients.
Virginia-based Union First Market Bank announced that a number of ATMs in the Richmond area fell victim to skimming and more than 3,000 of its debit cards were affected.
University of California, Berkeley is notifying roughly 1,600 individuals that their personal information may have been compromised in a data breach.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response