SC Awards 2016 Winners and Finalists
About the SC Awards
Each year, the SC Awards honor the most outstanding contributions in the information security industry. We celebrate the achievements of the IT security pros in the trenches, the innovations happening in the vendor and service provider communities, and the passionate work of government, commercial and nonprofits striving to amplify the importance of our industry.
For all the industry insiders who could not be at the SC Awards 2016 bash that was held last week during the RSA Conference in San Francisco, here is a quick photo tour of some of the winners and festivities surrounding the event. Click here to be launched to the slideshow.
Hundreds attend SC Magazine Awards
Nearly 400 professionals from the information security community came together on March 1 at The SC Awards in San Francisco to celebrate the best and brightest the security industry has to offer.
Hosted at the Intercontinental Hotel during RSA Conference Week, a major weeklong industry event, the Awards honored the most outstanding brands, teams and individuals and their contributions to the IT security field.
"This year's SC Awards attracted a record number of submissions culminating in the announcement of the winners at our gala dinner and awards ceremony, which also boasted a record number of attendees," said Illena Armstrong, SC Magazine's vice president of editorial.
"The continued growth in our SC Awards program really speaks to SC's continuing - and ever-growing - authority in IT security. The entire program required the dedicated work of many teams. In addition to our gratitude to our esteemed panel of judges, our sincerest thanks go out to our editorial, sales and marketing teams and most especially Haymarket's Events Team, which worked tirelessly to make SC Awards 2016 the smash success that it was," Armstrong concluded.
However, this is not the end, but just the beginning.
Stay tuned for more information on SC Awards 2017.
Special thanks also go to our sponsors, who made this gala event even more spectacular:
- Easy Solutions
- MSL Group
- Network Box
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Yahoo faces congressional action and class action lawsuits following historic data breach
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- Pippa Middleton's iCloud account hacked
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks