Cable provider Cable One alerted its customers of a phishing email scam looking to steal payment and personal information.
The MIRCOP ransomware campaign is taking several highly unusual steps with the criminals asking for an exorbitantly high ransom and refusing to tell the victim how to make the payment.
The SEC obtained an emergency court order from a New York court to freeze assets belonging to a UK citizen who allegedly engaged in a sophisticated hacking and market manipulation scheme.
The US Cyber Command is hesitant to shut down the Islamic State's online capability, and with apparently good reason
MDM software, widely used to manage and secure employee devices in BYOD programs, compromise user privacy, according to a recent study.
Data Breach Blog
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department reported that customer data may have been compromised on two separate occasions.
The British public has voted to leave the European Union by a margin of 52 to 48 percent. Are there any implications for people working in the cyber-security industry?
The Threat Hunter Blog
There have been quite a few reports by researchers over the past week or so that the Necurs botnet and the Angler exploit kit are dead and buried. But don't hold your breath and don't get rid of your Angler signatures just yet.
June 2016 Product Reviews
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Blasphemy! Godless malware preys on nearly 90 percent of Android devices
- 'Password attacks' continue; Citrix becomes latest victim
- Access to 70,000 hacked servers sold on hacker marketplace; industry reacts
- Gartner's top-10 list of infosec techs addresses concerns over cloud, IoT
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components