An association of state officials has published an open letter that seeks to strengthen public confidence in the electoral process, in light of research that has raised questions about the security of voting machines.
The campaign fulfills a CNAP mandate to promote internet safety and security.
Malwarebytes researchers spotted a large malvertising campaign delivering the RIG exploit kit on popular sites including answers(dot)com.
For the second time this month The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) has introduced new standards including mandatory security requirements for its customers.
Avast researchers examined some of the marketing tactics used by Janus Cybercrime Solution, the cybergang behind the Petya and Mischa
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
An internet hosting company has been the subject of a distributed denial of service attacks the likes of which the world has never seen
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- State officials warn Congress: don't damage public confidence in election systems
- 'Lock Down Your Login' campaign urges authentication, furthers CNAP
- RIG EK rigged to steal tricks from Neutrino in fight to fill Angler's void
- SWIFT adds additional protective measures for members to ensure cybersecurity compliance
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report