Siemens has entered into a partnership with Secude IT Security. The partnership will enable both companies to capitalise on their technologies and coordinate marketing and sales efforts on a global scale.
Siemens' security solutions include an identity and access managementsuite based on the company's DirX product family, which it plans tocombine with Secude's know-how in key management and single sign-ontechnology.
- Software solutions developer IdealX, has acquired Kotio's digitalsignature and proof management software. The software will beincorporated into the vendor's OpenTrust software suite.
- Kaspersky Lab will offer three new services in partnership withScanSafe, a provider of web security services. The new services arewebControl, webDefend and imDefend. ScanSafe already uses the KasperskyLab anti-virus engine in its web malware scanning and IM controlservices.
- SonicWall has opened a new research and development centre inShanghai. The centre, based in Fudan Science Park, will be led byvice-general manager Zhong Chen and will employ graduates from nearbytechnology universities. Matthew Medeiros, the company's president andchief executive, said: "This new engineering facility is designed tohelp SonicWall in its efforts to make web usage safer by strengtheningits capabilities in the delivery of advanced solutions to evolvingthreats."
- Explore IT, an IT support service for small and medium-sizedenterprises, has signed an agreement to distribute Stonesoft's intrusionprevention and detection system, firewall and virtual private networktechnology. The deal will also allow Explore IT to resell Stonesoft'sStoneGate security platform.
- NTT Communications is launching a new UTM managed security service totarget businesses in Japan. The company will use Fortinet's networksecurity systems and subscription services, including FortiGate,FortiManager and FortiGuard. NTT Communications provides information andcommunications technology solutions.