- A partnership between Sysix International, a subsidiary of Sysix Solutions, and IXEurope will see IXEurope provide co-location facilities to Sysix's European customers, as well as offering them data centre support services. Sysix will also gain access to IXEurope's extensive blue-chip customer base.
- Unisys is selling off its media business to Atex Group, as part of along-term plan for Unisys to focus on its core strategies. The deal isset to be finalised early in 2007, but is subject to variousconditions.
- Nokia and Eastern Telecom have signed a contract for the deployment ofa Next Generation Network (NGN) core as part of their networkmodernisation programme. This will involve updating Eastern Telecom'sfixed network with a VOIP-capable NGN and fixed/broadband accesssystem.
- BridgeHead Software has announced plans to expand into theAsia-Pacific region. It has a new regional HQ in Singapore and aregional office in Beijing, China. Tony Cotterill, CEO of BridgeHeadSoftware, said: "We are increasing our investment to have a completego-to-market team in place in Asia-Pacific."
- A10 Networks has signed up its first European channel partner, SigmaTechnology, marking the expansion of the company into EMEA. The unisonwill allow Sigma Technology to provide its customers with A10 Networks'IDsentrie network identity-management appliance.
- Unisys and Wipro have formed a global alliance to strengthen theirposition on the managed services market. Wipro will work alongsideUnisys to provide deskside and hardware support, as well as offermulti-lingual desk services, while Unisys will become a subcontractor toWipro for a Fortune-500 company.