READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Computer Forensic Tool
Products in this category fall into two sub-categories: network and media. The network tools must be exclusively intended for forensic analysis of network events/data. If the product is a SIEM with forensic capabilities, it should be placed in the SIEM category. Media tools cover just about all other non-network forensic tools, including those that collect data from media over the network and live forensic tools. This also includes specialized forensic tools that are not intended to analyze network data.
- AccessData Group for Forensic Toolkit (FTK)
- FireEye for FireEye Malware Analysis System
- Guidance Software for EnCase
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA NetWitness
- Websense for Websense Cyber Security Intelligence On-Demand
Best Identity Management Application
Products in this category address the identity management lifecycle in an enterprise environment, including password management, user provisioning and enterprise-access management.
- CA Technologies for CA IdentityMinder
- Centrify for Centrify Suite 2012
- Cyber-Ark Software for Privileged Identity Management Suite
- IBM Software Group for IBM Security Identity Manager
- NetIQ for NetIQ Identity Manager 4
Best NAC product
Protecting host-based computing platforms and network resources from threats that are brought in by employees, vendors, contractors and guests involves a numbers of solutions and policies. From anti-virus and firewalls to IDS/IPS solutions, the products in this category run the gamut. However, to control access to network resources at the endpoint, the tools companies often rely on are network access control (NAC) products. These solutions can be used to validate the existence of certain security measures and validate that they are properly configured and up-to-date. They also can validate the existence of current OS patches and can be used to manage the complexity associated with overseeing permissions and authorizations for various groups of users. Most will integrate with a common directory structure, some will provide local authentication capabilities, while others will match something on the endpoint – such as an agent or MAC address – to the authentication before allowing access to the protected network resources.
- Bradford Networks for Network Sentry
- ForeScout Technologies for ForeScout CounterACT
- StillSecure for StillSecure Safe Access
- Trustwave for Trustwave NAC
Best Web Content Management Product
Solutions in this category provide web content filtering for laptops, desktops and, optionally, servers They may block or filter objectionable websites and content, and enlist blacklist, whitelist or both to update the vendor-provided data on which the solution is based.
- Barracuda Networks for Barracuda Web Security
- EdgeWave for iPrism Web Security
- Websense for Websense Web Security Gateway Anywhere
Best Regulatory Compliance Solution
Nominated solutions should help organizations comply with specific regulatory requirements demanded of companies in the health care, financial services and government markets. Solutions should help customers meet mandates noted in such legislation as HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, FISMA, or in guidelines noted by the likes of the FFIEC or the PCI Security Standards Council. Nominees must be prepared to offer references of customers who are engaged in, or have already completed, real, fully-fledged deployments, and should be ready to address specific questions posed to them during the judging process.
- Agiliance for Agiliance RiskVision with Agiliance Compliance Manager Application
- Qualys for QualysGuard Policy Compliance
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA Archer eGRC
- Symantec for Symantec Control Compliance Suite 11
- Websense for Websense Data Security Suite