Former ceo of Hewlett-Packard Carly Fiorina has joined Cybertrust’s board. Fiorina said in a statement that “information security will be a key driver of growth and innovation in the technology industry for years to come, and Cybertrust is uniquely positioned to lead the global security market.” Fiorina also served as HP’s chairman from 2000 to 2005.
America Online and Yahoo! will use Goodmail Systems' Goodmail CertifiedEmail service to protect users from spam, fraud and identity theft scams. CertifiedEmail messages will be marked with a trust symbol in the inboxes of AOL and Yahoo! customers to assure users of safety.
Network behavior analyst Lancope joined the Security Alliance Program of Foundry Networks to create StealthWatch Xe for sFlow, which combines Lancope's StealthWatch security platform with Foundry's sFlow packet sampling technology.
SafeNet has announced plans to acquire Eracom Technologies AG for some $25 million in cash. According to industry analysts, SafeNet's endpoint security solutions will be enhanced with the addition of PC disk encryption. Further, the acquisition should widen the company's pool of potential buyers of its Borderless technology to electronic funds transfer, credit card and ATM organizations. The acquisition is expected to close some time in December 2005.
PC Guardian Technologies has changed its name to GuardianEdge Technologies Inc. Until now, the newly independent company has been a division of PC Guardian, a computer security company with over 20 years in enterprise data security. Guardian-Edge, now a separate entity specializing in solutions that encrypt enterprise data, is a partner to more than 450 companies globally.
StillSecure's Alan Shimel, chief strategy officer, has joined the board of directors for the Open Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSR). The group provides a forum for sharing research, standards and metrics for effective Snort rule development and ensuring continuous support for a Snort ruleset licensed under the GPL (General Public License).
Brett White has joined Fortinet, a provider of unified threat management solutions, as cfo. He will be responsible for financial components of the company and will work with executives to increase Fortinet's growth, profitability and competitive positioning. White will help the company's efforts to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, a requirement for becoming a publicly-traded company.
Viisage has announced intentions to acquire Nashville, Tennessee-based Integrated Biometric Technology (IBT). To help complete its vision of providing an end-to-end solution for screening and managing personal identities, Viisage plans to integrate IBT's fingerprinting and background screening solutions into its portfolio of identity solutions. Viisage investor L1 Investment Partners LLC has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 60 percent of IBT's remaining ownership interests for $35 million in cash, and promises to buy the remaining 40 percent on or before Jan. 30, 2006, for an additional $25 million.<p www.viisage.com