SurfControl, which has more than 600 staff and 25,000 customers across the globe, is to be acquired by Websense. Gene Hodges, CEO of Websense, said: "The combination of Websense and SurfControl is expected to benefit customers, partners and shareholders by creating an IT security solutions company with the scale and product offering to compete more effectively with large global security software companies." The acquisition is expected to be completed within four months.
- Secude Global Consulting is expanding its presence in Europe, with theopening of a new office in Walldorf, Germany. The company works inpartnership with SAP AG to provide enterprise risk management consultingservices for customers around the world. The office will be managed bychief consulting officer Dr Frank Off.
- Vados Systems, a UK defence supplier of converged integratedsolutions, has entered into a partnership with AEP Networks, apolicy-based networking company. Both companies will work together todevelop the secure personal remote communications (SPRC) capability, adeployable communications pack, based on the AEP Net Remote product andVados Systems' vadEDGE platform.
- Irish-based IT security provider, Renaissance is the new distributionpartner of network security company Equiinet. The partnership, whichbegan in April, allows Renaissance to distribute Equiinet's products,including NetPilot and BackupPilot.
- Independent software provider SAP AG has bought MaXware, an identitymanagement software company based in Norway, and Finnish firm WicomCommunications, which designs IP-based contact centre applications. SAPhas also signed an agreement to partner SunGard Data Systems in thedevelopment of an asset liability management application.
- European security solutions provider Xiring, has signed a contractwith the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Xiring will provide the bank'sretail customers with APACS standard card readers to enable them toconduct online banking transactions securely.