- Zetes, a pan-European systems integrator, has completed the acquisition of Peak Europe from Peak Technologies. Zetes has subsidiaries in ten countries and offers value-added solutions in the automatic identification industry. It has acquired PEAK Europe's four operating companies, which had an annual turnover of EUR42 million (£28 million) in 2005. www.peak2zetes.com
- Stonesoft has signed an OEM agreement with PortWise. Stonesoft willuse the PortWise Secure Access Platform as their SSL VPN technology.Ilkka Hiidenheimo, CEO and founder of Stonesoft (pictured), said: "Thisdeal will help us fulfil our customers' and partners' needs in rapidlychanging business environments."
- Akamai Technologies is to acquire Netli in a merger transaction. Netliis a global service provider for accelerating applications over theinternet. The acquisition, which is expected to close later in the year,will strengthen Akamai's position in the application accelerationsector.
- Sendmail has entered into a partnership with enterprise securitycompany Voltage Security. The deal will allow Sendmail to integrateVoltage's SecureMail technology into its high-performance software andappliance policy engines within the Trusted Unified Messaging Platform(TrUMP).
- The £3.3 million acquisition of TSSI by an investment team hasbeen completed three years ahead of schedule. The group of shareholders,led by executive chairman Danny Chapchal and non-executive director LordYoung of Graffham, acquired the company from Scipher in June 2005 in adeal that included a £2 million deferred consideration.Swindon-based TSSI specialises in document verification, biometrics andidentification systems.