Cedilla Systems, a leading UK Microsoft Dynamics NAV partner, is to be acquired by Watermark, a Qurius NV company. Watermark merged with Qurius in December 2006 to form the largest Microsoft Dynamics partner in Europe. Cedilla is based in Greater Manchester and had an annual turnover of £2.7 million in 2006. Mike Dickson, managing director of Cedilla, said: "This announcement is great news for Cedilla; it will enable us to provide a broader range of Microsoft solutions and services to our customers."
The acquisition is expected to be completed in June.
- AVG UK, an anti-virus solutions company and business partner ofGrisoft, has signed a three-year contract with the Spyker Formula Oneteam. AVG UK will supply the team with its network security softwareInternet Security Network Edition. It will be deployed on all 350 PCsand workstations at Spyker's UK base in Silverstone,Northamptonshire.
- Leading software publisher Scalable Software has launched itsoperations in the UK, as part of plans to expand its position in EMEA.The president of Scalable, Mark Cresswell, will lead the new seniormanagement team.
- PGP Corporation has selected DVV Solutions as a Certified SolutionPartner. DVV Solutions will provide PGP's customers with advancedsecurity solutions, support, training and consulting services around thePGP Encryption Platform. DVV is an EMEA-wide enterprise securitysolutions provider and is based in Stockport.
- Spam-filtering software company SPAMfighter is using AkamaiTechnologies' Electronic Software Delivery to expand its global reachand online customer support services. The company, based in Denmark,chose Akamai for its website delivery and localisation and softwaredownloads. As part of the deal, SPAMfighter will also use the DynamicSite Delivery and Geotargeting solutions.
- The acquisition of client-side technology file management company RedSwoosh by Akamai Technologies has been completed in a £7.5 milliondeal. The Red Swoosh team will be integrated into Akamai's existingengineering team in California.