ESW #274 – Michael Ehrlich, Jackie Comp & Rolf Lindermann
This week, in our first segment, we welcome Michael Ehrlich, Chief Technology Officer at IronNet to talk about Attack Intelligence, Collective Defense, & Trends to Watch! Then, Jackie Comp, VP Sales at Nok Nok & Rolf Lindermann, VP Products at Nok Nok, join for an interview about Where to Start Your Passwordless Journey! Lastly, in the Enterprise News for this week: Funding announcements from Seclore, Pangea Cyber, StackHawk, Xage, and more. Trends include Clouded Judgement, Crypto Muggings, Tourist Investors, and more!
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/esw for all the latest episodes!
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/secweekly
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/secweekly
1. Attack Intelligence, Collective Defense, & Trends to Watch – Michael Ehrlich – ESW #274
Attack intelligence delivers customers actionable, relevant, and timely information. Learn why Collective Defense is an integral aspect of attack intelligence and hear about the cyber trends you need to watch.
Don't forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.
Dr. Michael Ehrlich is the Chief Technology Officer at IronNet Cybersecurity. He brings over 20 years of experience to IronNet in offensive and defensive cybersecurity operations, cybersecurity-related public policy, and engineering design and integration. His cybersecurity expertise is grounded in 10 years of service at the National Security Agency (NSA), spanning engineering development, operations, and leadership positions.
Before coming to IronNet, Michael served as Chief of Operations for a defensive cybersecurity organization within NSA, defined and drafted significant portions of National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23, also known as the Comprehensive National Cyber Initiative. He also previously led technology efforts at Blackbird Technologies (acquired by Raytheon) and spent time as a research faculty member at Johns Hopkins University.
2. Where to Start Your Passwordless Journey? – Jackie Comp, Rolf Lindermann – ESW #274
Migrating off passwords and legacy authentication is a journey. Nok Nok has worked with global brands to incorporate passwordless, next-generation authentication into their consumer apps leading to significant improvements in onboarding, authentication success, speed and reduction in fraud among many other benefits. Learn how these organizations have mastered the transition.
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
Jackie Comp is responsible for Worldwide Sales at Nok Nok where she leads sales strategy and execution. She has over 25 years of experience in enterprise sales and sales leadership in the high-tech industry. Her background includes scaling enterprise sales teams at larger organizations like Symantec, as well as earlier stage companies like PGP, FitLinxx and Navagate. She has deep domain expertise in solutions-oriented sales. Throughout her career, Jackie has focused on bringing solutions to customers and partners that are aligned with their goals, and deliver outstanding value. Jackie is a graduate of Barnard College, Columbia University and lives in Westchester County outside New York City. She is also an avid yogi.
Dr. Rolf Lindemann is responsible for the development and strategy of the company’s products and solutions. Bringing more than 20 years of experience in product management, R&D and operations from the IT security industry, he has deep knowledge of security markets and technologies. Dr. Lindemann is one of the leading experts in FIDO and has been a frequent speaker at industry events. Prior to Nok Nok Labs, Rolf Lindemann worked as Senior Director Product Management at Symantec where he was responsible for research and product strategy on device authentication in smart grids and mobile networks. Before Symantec’s acquisition of TC TrustCenter, he was Executive Director Product Strategy at TC TrustCenter GmbH. Named to that position in 2009 he was responsible for analyzing market trends and aligning the overall product portfolio to new market opportunities. Dr. Lindemann received his PhD from the Technical University in Hamburg-Harburg and holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering.
3. Evil Encryption, CyberSec Funding, Market Downturns, & Crypto Muggings – ESW #274
In the Enterprise Security News: The latest cybersecurity fundraising, We discuss the impact of the market downturn on the cybersecurity startup industry, Crypto muggings, Security researchers researching researchers simulating attackers, & Evil Encryption!
Security Weekly listeners, save $100 on your RSA Conference 2022 Full Conference Pass! RSA Conference will be live in San Francisco June 6th-9th, 2022. Security Weekly will be there in full force, delivering real-time, live coverage and interviewing some of the event’s top speakers and sponsors. To register using our discount code, please visit https://securityweekly.com/rsac2022 and use the code 52UCYBER. We hope to see you there!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- 1. FUNDING: Enterprise Data Protection Company Seclore Raises $27 Million
- 2. FUNDING: Pangea Cyber Secures $25M Series A to Launch API-based Cloud Security Services for Application Builders
- 3. FUNDING: StackHawk Raises $20.7 Million in Series B Funding for Developer-First Application and API Security Testing as Market Demand Soars for Better Security
- 4. FUNDING: Investors Funnel Capital into Xage as Critical Infrastructure Organizations Take Action to Block Cyberattacks$6M extension to $30M Series B. Total funding $60M. Aiming to secure ICS with Blockchain.
- 5. FUNDING: BalkanID Unveils AI-Powered Identity Governance and Administration Solution for SaaS and Public Cloud Environments$5.75M in Seed Funding. Uses AI to identify risky entitlements and simplify access review.
- 6. FUNDING: Sunday Security Lands $4M to Protect the World’s Executive Teams Beyond the Enterprise Perimeter
- 7. TRENDS: Meritech Capital / 2022 SaaS Crash
- 8. TRENDS: Tiger Global & SoftBank Bet the Farm
- 9. TRENDS: Clouded Judgement 5.13.22
- 10. TRENDS: Crypto Muggings
- 11. TRENDS: ‘Tourist’ investors haven’t fled VC, but there are signs of a tactical retreat
- 12. STARTUPS: Scaling from $1 to $10 million ARR
- 13. SQUIRREL: Targeted npm dependency confusion attack caught red-handedSnyk, the second-largest cybersecurity unicorn, valued at nearly $9B thought it had caught some npm typo-squatting. In a hilarious turn of events, CodeWhite, a security consulting firm, informed Snyk that they actually stumbled across one of their red-team engagements!
- 14. SQUIRREL: 666 Encryption!