A Light Week, InfoSec Tabletop Gaming, White House CyberSec, & AI Galore! – ESW #308
In the enterprise security news, A light week in funding, after last week’s mega raises from Wiz and Sandbox AQ HP acquires some Zero Trust and CASB with Axis Security InfoSec-themed Table Top gaming is really catching on The White House’s updated cybersecurity strategy is more of an update than a game changer I go a bit nuts with AI news and essays, but a lot of it is really worth your time, I promise Doing evil things with chrome extensions Women in cybersecurity Letting strangers call you, on purpose All that and more, on this episode of Enterprise Security Weekly.
We’d like to invite our listeners to be part of our 2023 SC Awards!
Our prestigious and competitive SC Awards program recognizes outstanding innovations, organizations, and leaders that are advancing the practice of information security. This year, there are awards in 36 categories up for grabs, including best IT security-related training program, innovator of the year, best SASE solution, and more. We’d love to see your company in the spotlight!
Visit securityweekly.com/scawards to submit your entries by March 20!
- 1. FUNDING: Oligo Security raises $20 million Series A to secure open-source libraries
- 2. FUNDING: Revelstoke Announces $20M Series B Funding Following Exponential Growth in Its First Year in Market
- 3. FUNDING: SOCRadar Announces $5M Series A Funding for New Extended Threat Intelligence (XTI) Cybersecurity Platform
- 4. FUNDING: trackd Secures $3.35MM Seed Funding to Bring Its Novel Approach to Vulnerability Remediation to the Enterprise Security Market – trackd
- 5. FUNDING: Cado Security Announces $20M in Funding to Drive Innovation and Global Expansion
- 6. ACQUISITIONS: Hewlett Packard Enterprise fortifies network security with acquisition of Security Service Edge provider Axis Security
- 7. TOOLS: Cyber Fortress – Simulation-Strategic Games Based on Scenarios of the Latest Advanced Cyber Attacks
An excellent-looking tabletop game developed by some folks in Poland, courtesy of FIRST.
- 8. USGOV: Cyber Command, NSA Successes Point Way to Future
My favorite quote: "The command must work on readiness and resilience. Every member of the command also must buy into developing and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement."
- 9. USGOV: Biden Administration Releases Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Strategy
- 10. USGOV: Highlights from the New U.S. Cybersecurity Strategy – Krebs on Security
- 11. USGOV: The US National Cybersecurity Strategy: Takeaways for Private Sector Security Leaders
- 12. AI ESSAYS: Why AI Won’t Cause Unemployment
- 13. AI ESSAYS: How AI is Eating the Software World
- 14. AI ESSAYS: You Are Not a Parrot
- 15. AI NEWS: What OpenAI’s API announcement means for makers
- 16. AI NEWS: ChatGPT and Whisper APIs debut, allowing devs to integrate them into apps
- 17. AI NEWS: Introducing the ChatGPT App for Slack
- 18. AI NEWS: Salesforce Ventures Launches $250M Generative AI Fund
- 19. FUN&PROFIT: Let’s build a Chrome extension that steals everything
- 20. REPORTS: 2022 Year in Review – The DFIR Report
- 21. ATTACKS: Post-quantum algorithm vulnerable to side channel attacks, researchers
- 22. TRENDS: Inside Uber’s move to the Cloud: Part 1
- 23. TRENDS: Why we must finally draw more women into cybersecurity in 2023
- 24. TRENDS: Silicon Valley Bank shares slide on stock-sale plan to cope with cash burn
- 25. ESSAYS: Women in Cyber: Stats on female security vendor CEOs
- 26. ADVICE: Deploying MDR: Quotes from the experts
- 27. SQUIRREL: blahph0bia on Instagram: “volume slider cringe compilation”
- 28. SQUIRREL: Anyone – A radically different networking app
- 29. SQUIRREL: I Will Fucking Dropkick You If You Use That Spreadsheet — Ludicity
- 30. SQUIRREL: ChatGPT for YouTube – YouTube summary with ChatGPT
- 31. SQUIRREL: Raising a fund with memes