‘BadAlloc’ Flaws, Dan Kaminsky, Apple 0-Days, & Spectre Defenses Shattered – SWN #119
Full episode and show notes
This week Dr. Doug talks Dan Kaminsky, Spectre, Badalloc, Cardassian Overlords, Apple patches, and the notorious Jason Wood returns for Expert Commentary!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. New Attacks Slaughter All Spectre Defenses
- 2. “BadAlloc” – Memory allocation vulnerabilities could affect wide range of IoT and OT devices in industrial, medical, and enterprise networks – Microsoft Security Response Center
- 3. The Business of Fraud: Deepfakes, Fraud’s Next Frontier
- 4. Apple products hit by fourfecta of zero-day exploits – patch now!
- 5. Pulse Secure Ships Belated Fix for VPN Zero-Day
- 6. In Appreciation: Dan Kaminsky
- 7. Health care giant Scripps Health hit by ransomware attack
- 8. Your stolen ParkMobile data is now free for wannabe scammers
- 9. 60 Million Stars and Not One Alien Detected