BISOs Bridge the Gap, Lots of Questions, & Use Negative Feedback to Improve – BSW #202
In the Leadership and Communications section, How BISOs bridge the gap between corporate boards and cybersecurity, 5 questions CISOs should ask prospective corporate lawyers, Good Leadership Is About Asking Good Questions, and more!
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
If you missed Security Weekly Unlocked, you can now access all of the content on-demand, whether you registered before the live event or not, by visiting https://securityweekly.com/unlocked and clicking either the button to register or the button to login!
- 1. How BISOs bridge the gap between corporate boards and cybersecurityAs the business world fully embraces the necessity of cybersecurity, a new dilemma has emerged: How to bridge the gap between business leaders and cyber professionals. This has led some companies to develop a new position: Business Information Security Officer, or BISO.
- 2. 7 cybersecurity priorities CISOs should focus on for 2021Here are the seven imperatives for CISOs to focus on for 2021: 1. Make cybersecurity a boardroom agenda 2. Invest in cloud security 3. Implement basic IT hygiene 4. Build borderless security 5. Create a culture of cybersecurity 6. Modernize enterprise security architecture 7. Leverage new innovations
- 3. 5 questions CISOs should ask prospective corporate lawyersWhere can you find an attorney with the knowledge and insight to help you navigate thorny privacy and security issues? These five questions will help you find the right match: 1. How will you respond to our call for help? 2. How strong are you in regulatory and incident response law? 3. Do you understand our technologies and business model? 4. What makes you a good communicator? 5. Can you describe a challenge that you were able to resolve with a novel approach?
- 4. Where to Focus Security Resources Mid- and Post-Pandemic – Information Security ForumApplying established risk management principles will act as a strong guide during these difficult times. Good risk management will enable meaningful engagement with business leaders on key issues such as: • Prioritizing business assets for protection • Profiling threats • Reducing exposure of assets • Estimating financial loss
- 5. Good Leadership Is About Asking Good QuestionsLeaders today need to revisit an overlooked skill, asking questions, but not just pointed questions... 1. Ask Big Questions 2. Involve Others 3. Change Your Culture
- 6. Here Are 3 Ways You Can Use Negative Feedback To Improve Your CareerHere are three ways you can use rejection and negative feedback to improve your career 1. Don’t Let Your Emotions Get The Best Of You 2. Taking Time To Reflect On The Learning Opportunities 3. Turning Feedback Into An Actionable Plan