Cloudflare Incentives, Web3 Funding, Emulating Adversaries, & State of the Sec Market – ESW #291
Full episode and show notes
Finally, in the enterprise security news, Cloudflare has 1.25 billion incentives to draw customers away from AWS, NetSPI raises $410M for pen testing? Tines extends their Series B an extra $55M, Detectify and Eclypsium also raise funding, Some big funding for Web3 security startups, Adversary emulation tools for blue teamers, Breaking news: the security market isn’t out of money, it’s just fine, The art of selling to cybersecurity people, and more!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Director of Offensive Security & Research at Trimarc Security, Founder & CEO at Dark Element
- 1. NEW FUND (sorta): Cloudflare takes aim at AWS with promise of $1.25 billion to startups that use its own platform
- 2. FUNDING: NetSPI Raises $410 Million in Growth Funding from KKR(note from Adrian in Brazil: someone please explain this madness to me - I'll be listening in as I travel!)
- 3. FUNDING: Tines raises $55M more to automate security workflows$55M extended Series B led by Felicis. 2nd Gen SOAR.
- 4. FUNDING: MPCH Labs Closes $40M Series A Funding$50M Series A, led by Liberty City Ventures.
- 5. FUNDING: IriusRisk raises $29M Series B as threat modeling becomes essential for secure product design$29M Series B led by Paladin Capital Group. SDLC/AppSec.
- 6. FUNDING: Eclypsium lands $25M to secure the device supply chain
- 7. FUNDING: Introducing Blowfish, the Security Service Your Web3 Wallet Needs$11.8M Series A, led by Paradigm.
- 8. FUNDING: 6clicks raises $10m for its AI-powered GRC platform$10M Series A led by Centerstone Capital
- 9. FUNDING: Detectify Raises $10M in Follow-On Funding to Accelerate External Attack Surface Management Powered by Elite Ethical Hackers
- 10. FUNDING: How Onyxia uses security AI to help CISOs improve their security posture$5M Seed round, led by World Trade Ventures. "We are modeling an entirely new approach to cybersecurity."
- 11. FUNDING: Sensepass raises $3M Seed
- 12. ACQUISITION (assets only): Qualys Acquires Blue Hexagon’s AI/Machine Learning Platform
- 13. NEW PRODUCT: HeyLogin – A “Password Manager without a Master Password”
- 14. NEW TOOLS: ezEmu – adversary simulation for blue teamersFrom the README.md: ezEmu enables users to test adversary behaviors via various execution techniques. Sort of like an "offensive framework for blue teamers", ezEmu does not have any networking/C2 capabilities and rather focuses on creating local test telemetry.
- 15. NEW TOOLS: Ahhh, This Emulation is Just Right: Introducing Micro Emulation PlansMore adversary emulation for blue teams!
- 16. MARKET ANALYSIS: Despite Recession Jitters, M&A Dominates a Robust Cybersecurity Market
- 17. MARKET ANALYSIS: What’s Going on With Cybersecurity VC Investments?
- 18. GOOD READS: What Lurks in the Shadows of Cloud Security?
- 19. GOOD READS: On the Art of Selling to Cybersecurity People
Fractional CMO, Cyber Angel Investor and Advisor at 90 Degree Ventures