Darktrace & Knowbe4 IPOs, Dell Spins Off VMWare, & Zscaler Keeps Growing – ESW #224
In the Enterprise News for this week, Darktrace targets listing for early May, KKR-backed cybersecurity firm KnowBe4 aims for $3 Billion valuation in U.S. IPO, Dell spins off VMware to fuel post-pandemic PC growth opportunities, lots of funding announcements, and more!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- 1. Darktrace targets listing for early May
- 2. KKR-backed cybersecurity firm KnowBe4 aims for $3 bln valuation in U.S. IPO
- 3. HawkEye 360 Secures $55 Million Series C Funding Round
- 4. Talon Cyber Security Raises $26M in Seed Funding
- 5. ThreatQuotient Looks to Solve The Cyber Problem, Raises $22.5M
- 6. CodeLogic Raises $16 Million in Series A Funding
- 7. Hack The Box cybersecurity training community Raises $10.6m
- 8. Cybersecurity Funding: PlexTrac Raises $10 Million in Series A Financing – MSSP Alert
- 9. Cado Security raises $10M for cloud cybersecurity forensics
- 10. Cylera Raises $10M for its Cybersecurity Platform for Healthcare IoT – AlleyWatch
- 11. Dell spins off VMware to fuel post-pandemic PC growth opportunities
- 12. Zscaler Buys Startup Trustdome To Control Cloud Permissions
- 13. Israeli Cybersecurity Startup Cyberfish Acquired By Cofense
- 14. Zscaler Advances Its Zero Trust Exchange Framework
- 15. RiskIQ announced the launch of its RiskIQ Illuminate Internet Intelligence Platform
- 16. Okta Stock Rises As Cybersecurity Firm Squares Off Versus CyberArk, SailPoint
- 17. Thycotic & Centrify Merge to Form Cloud Identity Security Firm
- 1. FUNDING – Backup firm Druva protects data in the cloud with $147M in new funding - This is a Series H! Nearly half a billion raised with a ~$2bn valuation...
- 2. FUNDING – Grip Security raises $6M to improve SaaS security – TechCrunch - Looking like a very late-stage CASB, but they're YL Ventures-founded, so they've got to have something interesting up their sleeve with smart backing and the benefits of hindsight. I'm keen to find out more. Also - $6m is what a Series A looked like less than 10 years ago!
- 3. FUNDING – HYPR Raises $35M Series C Led by Advent International
- 4. FUNDING – Enterprise security platform Intrigue expands attack surface management with $2M round
- 5. FUNDING – Cado Security Closes $10M in Funding to Accelerate Adoption of First and Only Cloud-Native Digital Forensics Platform
- 6. FUNDING – PlexTrac Closes $10 Million Round to Fuel Growth of Cybersecurity Workflow Platform – PlexTrac
- 7. FUNDING – Talon Cyber Security Raises $26 Million to Develop Next-Generation Cyber Security for a Distributed Workforce
- 8. FUNDING – Wire closes $21m Series B funding led by UVC Partners · Wire
- 9. FUNDING – Open Source Security Management Firm WhiteSource Raises $75 Million
- 10. PUBLIC OFFERING – Cybersecurity Firm Darktrace Targets $4 Billion London IPO
- 11. PUBLIC OFFERING – Cellebrite to go public via $2.4 billion SPAC deal
- 12. MARKET REPORT – Crunchbase: Cybersecurity Research Report 2021 - * Despite the global pandemic, 2020 was a record year for cybersecurity investments with over $7.8 billion invested in the industry globally. * Investment in cybersecurity companies has increased more than ninefold since 2011. * The U.S. recorded 76% of all global cybersecurity funding in 2020, at $5.9 billion. * Israel is the second leading country in the industry – over 20% of the country’s venture funding went to cybersecurity companies in 2020. * 2020 recorded six new cybersecurity unicorns, a record for a single year at the time. Just a few months into 2021, nine new cybersecurity unicorns have already emerged, well surpassing the 2020 record. * In 2021, over $3.7 billion in cybersecurity investments have been recorded globally so far. This is on pace to smash the 2020 record.
- 13. NEW RELEASE – Introducing OpenSearch - A new FOSS fork of Elasticsearch and Kibana from AWS
- 14. NEW RELEASE – Checkov 2.0: Deeper, broader, and faster IaC scanning - BridgeCrew is already launching 2.0. The acquisition apparently isn't slowing them down much.
- 15. NEW RELEASE – Rumble 2.1: Notification Templates, AWS EC2 Enrichment, and Cisco SNTC Exports - No flies on HDM
- 16. TRENDS – Digital artists meet scam artists, as criminals pounce on NFT craze
- 17. ACQUISITION – The Next Phase of Velociraptor - Popular open source DFIR tool acquired by Rapid7. Metasploit still seems to be going strong after Rapid7 acquired it nearly 12 years ago, so this seems like a positive move.