Dragons & Unicorns, Phishing Training, GreyNoise, & Becoming Domain Admin – ESW #255
In the Enterprise Security News for this week, ZeroFox has a $1.4 billion dollar blank check, Corellium raises a $25m series A, GreyNoise makes its data free to help out Log4j sufferers, AWS suffers its third outage in a month (coincidentally hindering GreyNoise’s efforts), Ditching Unicorns for Dragons, Yet another easy way to become domain admin, thanks Microsoft, New report finds that current phishing training isn’t effective and is even potentially harmful, & more!
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
We had an absolute blast putting together this year's SW Unlocked virtual event! All presentations are now available on-demand for your viewing pleasure. Please visit https://securityweekly.com/unlocked to register and watch now!
- 1. FUNDING: Corellium Secures $25M Series A Round, Led by Paladin Capital Group with Participation from Cisco Investments
- 2. TRENDS: Why the startup world needs to ditch “unicorns” for “dragons”
- 3. GOING PUBLIC: Cybersecurity Saas company ZeroFox to go public via merger with SPAC in deal valued at about $1.4 billion
- 4. REPORTS: Phishing in Organizations: Findings from a Large-Scale and Long-Term StudySecurity awareness training might be less valuable than we had thought. Potentially harmful, even?
- 5. SUPPLY CHAIN: AWS suffers third outage of the monthhttps://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/12/aws-suffers-third-outage-of-the-month/
- 6. VULNERABILITIES: Microsoft warns of easy Windows domain takeover via Active Directory bugsThis title is evergreen - both historically and into the future.
- 7. LOG4J: As Log4j sent defenders scrambling, this startup made its threat data free
- 8. RUMORS: SentinelOne’s $2.5 billion takeover of Orca Security falls through after shares plummet
- 9. SQUIRREL: Tardigrade is first multicellular organism to be quantum entangled
- 10. SQUIRREL: RadioShack Returns as a Crypto Company