Enterprise News – ESW #290
Segment description coming soon!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- 1. FUNDING: SentinelOne launches $100M fund to invest in enterprise cybersecurity startups
- 2. FUNDING: Malwarebytes Secures $100M Investment, Eyes MSP Business Growth – MSSP Alert
- 3. FUNDING: Deep Instinct raises $62 million from BlackRock and Chrysalis
- 4. FUNDING: As demand for compliance and security soar, DataGuard tops up with €61 million
- 5. FUNDING: Ox Security lands $34M in seed funding to strengthen software supply chains
- 6. FUNDING: Web3 bug-bounty platform Immunefi raises $24M for its Series A funding round
- 7. FUNDING: Codacy nabs $15M to improve code reviews with automation
- 8. FUNDING: Evident Raises $14 Million to Reduce Third Party Insurance-Related Risk for Enterprises - https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/592509938/evident-raises-14-million-to-reduce-third-party-insurance-related-risk-for-enterprises
- 9. FUNDING: LayerX Security - $8M in Seed funding, from Glilot Capital Partners. Remote browser isolation.
- 10. FUNDING: Digital privacy company Hush picks up $4m seed
- 11. FUNDING: Operant Networks Emerges From Stealth With SASE Solution for Energy OT - $3.8M Seed, led by Constellation Technology Ventures. Secure access to SCADA/ICS systems.
- 12. FUNDING: CrowdStrike’s Falcon Fund Invests in Compliance Automation Pioneer, Vanta
- 13. FUNDING: CrowdStrike’s Falcon Fund Invests in API Security Leader, Salt Security
- 14. FEDERAL FUNDING: Biden admin launches $1B cyber grant program for state, local governments
- 15. ACQUISITIONS: Jamf announces intent to acquire ZecOps, to provide a market-leading security solution for mobile devices as targeted attacks continue to grow
- 16. NEWSLETTERS: Tenchi’s new newsletter, Alice in Supply Chains - Adrian's employer, Tenchi Security, has a new newsletter you should check out!
- 17. SUPPLY CHAIN: Malicious OAuth applications abuse cloud email services to spread spam – Microsoft Security Blog
- 18. SUPPLY CHAIN: Security alert: new phishing campaign targets GitHub users
- 19. NEW FEATURES: Enhanced Phishing Protection in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen – Windows security
- 20. USEFUL REFERENCES: Twitter list of all global CERTs/CIRTs/SIRTs/etc, from Patrick C Miller
- 21. LEGAL DRAMA: Fired Uber attorney testifies against ex-security chief in trial over 2016 data breach cover-up
- 22. SQUIRREL: Three men charged with fraud in $100 million New Jersey deli scheme - https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/26/three-men-charged-with-fraud-in-100-million-new-jersey-deli-scheme.html